Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 901 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant

JD3 wrote >>
    Looks like Ibiza may be getting the 10 year tax abatement like the downtown condos. That would obviously be great for this project’s viability.

Well obviously someone is still working on the project (maybe just really slowly). I dont think a dead project would be applying for tax abatements…. still holding on over here!

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

JD3 wrote >>
    Looks like Ibiza may be getting the 10 year tax abatement like the downtown condos. That would obviously be great for this project’s viability.

Where did you hear about the tax abatements?

And don’t get me wrong. I to still have some hope for this project. I mean the website is still up, the office is still open with the video and model and the fence and advertisements are still up, although in bad shape. If the project were completely dead this stuff would have been taken down. I just wish someone with the project would be more vocal. I find it a little unprofessional that someone has not updated on anything, whether it be bad or good news, knowing how long this project has dragged on and how upset the locals are. I for one am pissed. It’s not even the condos as much as it is the parking garage. The Short North is in desparate need of ample public parking.

JD3

jpizzow wrote >>

JD3 wrote >>

And don’t get me wrong. I to still have some hope for this project. I mean the website is still up, the office is still open with the video and model and the fence and advertisements are still up, although in bad shape. If the project were completely dead this stuff would have been taken down. I just wish someone with the project would be more vocal. I find it a little unprofessional that someone has not updated on anything, whether it be bad or good news, knowing how long this project has dragged on and how upset the locals are. I for one am pissed. It’s not even the condos as much as it is the parking garage. The Short North is in desparate need of ample public parking.

Got if from Roy G Biv Corp/ARMS Properties. I saw that The Jackson was getting the abatement so I asked about Ibiza. Looks positive, apparently it’s already been approved by the State of Ohio. Originally, as you may know, there was a TIF which was passed allowing some of the resident’s property taxes to go directly to the parking garage. Apparently that’s being changed in favor of the 100% tax abatement. It would help sales, which would help the project. Not sure how it will affect the parking garage. In fact, I’m not 100% sure it will even happen, but it looks very positive.
    I agree that they should be more open, it would only help them.

Brant
    Participant

jpizzow wrote >>

JD3 wrote >>

And don’t get me wrong. I to still have some hope for this project. I mean the website is still up, the office is still open with the video and model and the fence and advertisements are still up, although in bad shape. If the project were completely dead this stuff would have been taken down. I just wish someone with the project would be more vocal. I find it completely fucking unprofessional that someone has not updated on anything, whether it be bad or good news, knowing how long this project has dragged on and how upset the locals are. I for one am pissed. It’s not even the condos as much as it is the parking garage. The Short North is in desparate need of ample public parking.

Fixed that for ya.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Thanks Brant. That’s what I was REALLY fucking thinking.

monadnock

The question really is, for those of us who have put money down on a unit for Ibiza, When do we start exchanging information so we can get a group together to file suite and get our money back? I can’t tell you how many lies I’ve been told already. What’s really going to happen is that the ARMS properties “Doing Business As” entity is going to fold and declare bankruptcy thereby walking with our money.

Last month it took a couple days for ARMS to reply to my request for a status. Now I’m being ignored.

So they keep telling us to wait. They keep saying that they can’t get financing and are in negotiations with some mysterious and secret investors. But I think they’ve been saying this for at least six months now. The appropriate and honorable thing to do would be for them to let us out of contract and give us our money back. The truth is, the deposit money is probably all spent. They’re leveraged to the hilt and really, in their actions, not their words or intentions, they don’t give a damn about the us. Ha ha. They have our money and we’re all screwed.

I didn’t give them money to sponge off of while they try to sell the project to another developer, or while they grope around looking for some mysterious and secret “investors” When all this falls through, they’ll declare bankruptcy and we’ll be left with nothing accept missing and spent deposit money. I think we really need to start finding all the people “invested” in the condo and then go in on a lawyer together. I have a dummy gmail account set up here: [email protected] so you can reach me about this in a confidential manner.

monadnock

THIS JUST IN!!

I just received an e-mail from ARMS Properties stating that the Ibiza project has officially been canned and that they are going to be building apartments instead. As for the refund of deposit money. That will be refunded once the apartment project has been “FUNDED.” Bullshit!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>
    THIS JUST IN!!
    I just received an e-mail from ARMS Properties stating that the Ibiza project has officially been canned and that they are going to be building apartments instead. As for the refund of deposit money. That will be refunded once the apartment project has been “FUNDED.” Bullshit!

Can you send me the contact’s email address? PM it to me if you don’t want to post it here.

drew
    Participant

Let the lawsuits begin…

JD3

I didn’t get that.

cc

Wow, just wow. Hope you get interest on the money you ‘loaned’ ARMS.

surber17
    Participant

ShimmyKnocker wrote >>
    THIS JUST IN!!

This seems like pretty big news that they would have sent to all those involved.

JD3

I got an email. Reading now.

JD3

Yep, it’s toast. I’m glad they’re building something else there though and not just packing up shop. I think the odds of getting my money back are much greater.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: