Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 901 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant

JD3 wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    Wow…so you paid upwards of $10-15-20 THOUSAND DOLLARS for a drawing and a promise.

Isn’t almost every house in the suburbs built this way? Those of you that think it’s so absurd to buy without the product built yet, have obviously never bought a brand new house.

I’ve tried to explain this in a previous post. What is common sense for most people is advanced finance for others.

And we’ve tried to explain before that, yes, we know a lot of buildings are constructed this way, but that it should be obvious to even the very feeble that there is always a certain amount of risk that the advanced buyer is asked to assume. Which is why you have a contract and can demand a refund. The risk is of course when the seller goes into bankruptcy with no assets…

Did you underestimate this risk? You sound rather bitter about it.

JD3

Snarf wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    Wow…so you paid upwards of $10-15-20 THOUSAND DOLLARS for a drawing and a promise.

Isn’t almost every house in the suburbs built this way? Those of you that think it’s so absurd to buy without the product built yet, have obviously never bought a brand new house.

You say that like buying new builds in the suburbs is a good decision? When obviously thats generally an absurd decision for most people.

Why is building a home an obviously absurd decision for most people? If you’re talking about the thousands of people who have bought (and since lost) homes in the new comminities that popped up all over Cbus and the country, then that’s a whole other thread and I think you’re lost. They lost the places b/c of ARM loans and second mortgages that they couldn’t pay. It has nothing to do with putting money down on a place that hasn’t been built yet. What rave was saying is that construction loans work like that, you have to put money down. It has nothing to do with the suburbs necessarily, he was just using that as an example that construction loans typically work that way. Clearly you missed that.

JD3

Rockmastermike wrote >>

JD3 wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

I’ve tried to explain this in a previous post. What is common sense for most people is advanced finance for others.

And we’ve tried to explain before that, yes, we know a lot of buildings are constructed this way, but that it should be obvious to even the very feeble that there is always a certain amount of risk that the advanced buyer is asked to assume. Which is why you have a contract and can demand a refund. The risk is of course when the seller goes into bankruptcy with no assets…
    Did you underestimate this risk? You sound rather bitter about it.

Dude, the only thing that is irritating is when people act like it’s some esoteric concept to put money down on a project. I understand there’s some risk, that’s a given. If you don’t want to take that risk then that’s fine, no problem. But it’s not like I or others really took some big 1 in 100 roll of the dice here. ARMS is a known company with other properties and projects currently in the works. Yes, I suppose it could fall apart tomorrow and I’d be screwed but it’s a calculated risk. Until then, most people on here are simply discussing what they’ve heard, seen and understood about the project. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

JD3 wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

You say that like buying new builds in the suburbs is a good decision? When obviously thats generally an absurd decision for most people.

Why is building a home an obviously absurd decision for most people? If you’re talking about the thousands of people who have bought (and since lost) homes in the new comminities that popped up all over Cbus and the country, then that’s a whole other thread and I think you’re lost. They lost the places b/c of ARM loans and second mortgages that they couldn’t pay. It has nothing to do with putting money down on a place that hasn’t been built yet. What rave was saying is that construction loans work like that, you have to put money down. It has nothing to do with the suburbs necessarily, he was just using that as an example that construction loans typically work that way. Clearly you missed that.

I don’t know why you think that assuming “A” and my assuming “B” makes you feel like you’re right?

I also didn’t ask you to assume what you think Rave meant in his post. What I meant in saying absurd was the almost instant negative equity often had in buying said cookie cutters.

And lastly, your attempts at sarcasm and backhanded insults are overreaching and dull at best. I understand you think you’re clever (and I applaud your effort) but I think you ought not try so hard.

JD3

Snarf wrote >>

JD3 wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

rave_til_dawn wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>

I don’t know why you think that assuming “A” and my assuming “B” makes you feel like you’re right?
    I also didn’t ask you to assume what you think Rave meant in his post. What I meant in saying absurd was the almost instant negative equity often had in buying said cookie cutters.
    And lastly, your attempts at sarcasm and backhanded insults are overreaching and dull at best. I understand you think you’re clever (and I applaud your effort) but I think you ought not try so hard.

You ought try harder. I have to assume b/c you don’t explain yourself very well. Besides that, I’m not assuming what Rave said, I know what he/she’s saying and it’s the same as what I said. His/her comment had nothing to do with negative equity or cookie cutter suburb homes, only yours did, I assume. (since you didn’t really say that I have to assume it, you understand.)
    I think it’s funny that 2/3 of your comments on here are either to put something or someone down. I’ll assume it makes you feel clever. When you do try to comment on something it’s usually wrong, not always, but usually. But I applaud your effort. This is fun though.

JD3

I’m sort of done with this for today. Gotta get to work to pay for my imaginary condo, haha. Looking forward to talkin trash with you all again soon!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Please keep this thread on topic, everyone. It’s a place to discuss the Ibiza project. If you don’t want to read it, don’t read it. No need to instigate petty fighting and trade insults.

Thanks,
    Walker

certainly i appreciate the feedback and investigation that is being done on behalf of all those who have invested in ibiza… as for the rest, if you have no money invested and/or wish you had the money to invest/ or even wish you had the money to buy a place, go read elsewhere… why such in interest in this thread….. once again, the tools at my disposal are my attorney and that process is already in place. if anyone who has invested in ibiza is further interested in what my attorney has to say, or if you know anyone who wants to get their deposit back, feel free to contact me via email at : [email protected].

ihmm: My guess (since it is why I read it) is that people are actually interested in finding out what has happened or will happened via an update. The problem is, there is page after page with simply a repetition of the complaints and no new information at all.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

ibizahasmymoney wrote >>
    certainly i appreciate the feedback and investigation that is being done on behalf of all those who have invested in ibiza… as for the rest, if you have no money invested and/or wish you had the money to invest/ or even wish you had the money to buy a place, go read elsewhere… why such in interest in this thread….. once again, the tools at my disposal are my attorney and that process is already in place. if anyone who has invested in ibiza is further interested in what my attorney has to say, or if you know anyone who wants to get their deposit back, feel free to contact me via email at : [email protected].

good luck! Hope you can get that back.

JD3

Core_Models wrote >>

ihmm: My guess (since it is why I read it) is that people are actually interested in finding out what has happened or will happened via an update. The problem is, there is page after page with simply a repetition of the complaints and no new information at all.

I can see your point, even though I’m part of the problem. The other problem is crap like the picture you posted. Gee, thanks for that “information”.

croft

Cols Monthly has an article by a freelance writer about Ibiza… nothing that we don’t already know about the amenities and what kind of people are going to live there. The ad near the front says 54% sold out, in the article RL says it’s 57% sold with 2010 the goal for move-in!

I’ll bet RL the price of the penthouse that 57%, even 54%, is not accurate!!

Still think cutting the height in half would get it built sooner, but if they promised a future buyer an 11th story penthouse without a clause stating it might not be built that high and they already put money down, it could pose a problem to changing the number of stories. Going off on a tangent, but if the number of people buying an urban home in Ibiza were equivalent to those buying homes in SW Milo-Grogan, we’d have another Italian Village and a new mini-Short North. In any case, Ibiza is still much more likely than that Jeffrey Place debacle, though they’ve got t least a more few years for that to be true.

Brant
    Participant

I thought it was only going to be 5 or 6 stories anyway. Bollinger Tower will still rule the roost!

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: