Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 901 total)
  • Author

aaminian
    Participant

Maybe another call to Travis is in order…

Coreroc

I want to say that my previous comments about Rajesh and the arts have changed soem since i have had some offline discussions with him. He also became very supportive of local artists for Pride month at Union and has offer me a show in the future. Look for a hopefull face lift to the lot pending some approvals in the next month or so.

JD3

Mercurius wrote >>

jpizzow wrote >>
    ughhhhhhhhhhhh

+1

+2
    Email has been sent. I’ll let you know if anything new comes to light.

enzo
    Participant

Any talk of name change???????

JD3

enzo wrote >>
    Any talk of name change???????

Sorry, no name change. I’d much prefer a landscape change on that corner than a name change.

enzo
    Participant

maybe they should sell it to or partner with a hotel where people can either have longterm stays or buy units like they do in Florida, NY and probably a bunch of other cities. I mentioned this before but not as a solution to the Ibiza rut. The Regency Suites Resorts is kind of an example the amenities would obviously be different since we do not have a beach in downtown http://www.preconstructionprograms.com/preconstruction/florida/orlando/condos/regency_suites_resort/index.php

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

You’re offering a “solution” to a “problem” that doesn’t really seem to exist, according to all of the information provided. The issue isn’t that Ibiza needs more people buying units right now… the issues is that they’re trapped behind extra layers of governmental red tape due to the public development component of the project (public parking garage) being paid for with taxpayer dollars. It sounds like there were a lot of extra hurdles in getting through this that the developers were unfamiliar with as their past projects did not require it.

Of course, maybe there are other things we’ve not been told… but I really don’t think what they need has anything to do with your proposal.

JD3

Walker wrote >>
    You’re offering a “solution” to a “problem” that doesn’t really seem to exist, according to all of the information provided. The issue isn’t that Ibiza needs more people buying units right now… the issues is that they’re trapped behind extra layers of governmental red tape due to the public development component of the project (public parking garage) being paid for with taxpayer dollars. It sounds like there were a lot of extra hurdles in getting through this that the developers were unfamiliar with as their past projects did not require it.
    Of course, maybe there are other things we’ve not been told… but I really don’t think what they need has anything to do with your proposal.

Agreed Walker, hopefully I hear back from Travis soon. I don’t think Enzo reads everything thoroughly.

JD3

According to Travis it’s “still with the state.” Does anybody know what branch of the state government something like this would go to?

JD3

JD3 wrote >>
    According to Travis it’s “still with the state.” Does anybody know what branch of the state government something like this would go to?

Anyone??

Mercurius
    Participant

JD3 wrote >>

JD3 wrote >>

Anyone??

I assume Development.

JD3

Mercurius wrote >>

JD3 wrote >>

JD3 wrote >>

Anyone??

I assume Development.

I called the Community Development Department and didn’t get a response yet. I’ve also sent Ibiza an email (twice btw) asking them which department the legislation is with.

Coreroc

Communication has been low with this crew lately. I am waiting on email returns as well for the last week.

aaminian
    Participant

From Walker’s interview with Rajesh in March:

RL- “Now, we wanted to have all units done by late-Spring of 2010. We will just have the sold units done. Unsold units will take a little bit longer to finish. So we’re still able to deliver on time to everyone in contract.”

Right.

JD3

aaminian wrote >>
    From Walker’s interview with Rajesh in March:
    RL- “Now, we wanted to have all units done by late-Spring of 2010. We will just have the sold units done. Unsold units will take a little bit longer to finish. So we’re still able to deliver on time to everyone in contract.”
    Right.

I think they’ve been getting some numbers mixed up. Fall 2009 should have been Fall 2090, 2010 to 2100. Just a simple mix up.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: