Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Hub Mixed Use Apartment Development in The Short North – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 901 total)
  • Author

JingleJangle

What is the deal with Ibiza. Isn’t it supposed to be built by now?

Matthew
    Participant

JingleJangle wrote >>

Somebody told me there was a problem with a high water table there and the multi-story underground garage. Who knows?

CeeCee6545

I heard they don’t have the money to finish it. I also heard that people have been pulling out left and right.

dru
    Participant

sorry to derail this from the RJ Snappers/Union thread, but there are already lingering threads about Ibiza: here

SJT
    SJT
    Participant

JingleJangle wrote >>

No doubt! And don’t get me started on the Jeffrey Place… WTF?? I think the haulting economy has put a stop to most all building projects. Last year constuction workers I know got laid off& now it has trickled up/ down to a few architects I know getting the axe last week. Can’t design anything if they aren’t building anything I guess.

I would love to see both these projects finished in the not so far future, but I doubt that is the reality :(

CeeCee6545

Yea, Jeffrey place and Ibiza should be built, but I don’t think there is enough interest to get the money to do it. The loans people are getting now to build large projects require a certain occupancy percentage, and apparently neither place has sold enough units. Neighborhood Launch is having no problem getting built.

Though, if Ibiza is anything like that Dakota piece of crap, maybe they should just forget about building at all. I heard that building sucks balls. Leaky windows and roof, thin and crumbling walls…

Why is it that everything those guys do is so bad?

enzo
    Participant

New Name will bring more investors.

JD3

Yeah, I’m sure that’s the problem…the name…not the economy or city council or banks seizing up or anything like that…gotta be that name.

enzo wrote >>
    New Name will bring more investors.

CeeCee6545

I think that unless ARMS property is off the building, it may not get built.

JD3

From what I’ve been reading and hearing, I think that might be a little more accurate.

CeeCee6545 wrote >>
    I think that unless ARMS property is off the building, it may not get built.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Jackson On High only has 18 out 46 units under contract according to their website……they are under construction. Ibiza has much more. Someone that I know who lives in the Short North heard that they could not secure enough financing for the project and that people were backing out left and right. Another person on this blog stated that they were waiting for council to approve abatements or something like that.

If this is true, I’m highly dissappointed. I think this project would have sold very well once complete. I mean they already had over half of them spoken for. How long would we have to look at that dirt lot.

I’m not sure what to believe anymore about this project. I do know that several people are still in the Ibiza sales office, the signs are still, the model is still up, the showroom…..so who knows.

Let’s see if someone can get to the bottom of this.

enzo
    Participant

My friends out west in Colorado and Utah think the name is completely retarded and would not invest based on the name—lots of folks think the name does not sell well.

Core_Models

enzo wrote >>
    My friends out west in Colorado and Utah think the name is completely retarded and would not invest based on the name—lots of folks think the name does not sell well.

Shockingly, I use that same theory when I bet on horse races and never win much.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Is anyone else suspicious of the several new people who just signed up at exactly the same time, and who are all deeply passionate about railing against Ibiza/ARMS/Union with nothing but hearsay and conjecture, supported only by each other?

…Maybe im just a naturally cautious/suspicious person.

JD3

Oh boy, I guess I shouldn’t buy there if your friends in Colorado and Utah don’t like the name. Seriously? That’s your reasoning? That’s extremely lame. I don’t love the name, but at the end of the day it’s just above the door, you don’t have to get it tattoo’d on your forehead, it’s not lasered into the mirrors of your bathroom, it’s not spelled on your cabinets. Must be nice to turn down a potential money making investment or a great condo b/c you don’t like the name….or is it that your friends don’t like the name? I’d buy if it was called PeeWee’s Playhouse as long as I could make some money in the process.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 901 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: