Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ibiza- An urban legend?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Ibiza- An urban legend?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author

It appears that even the press isn’t believing all the rumors spinning around about Ibiza.(Like the tax abatement that supposedly is coming or the California investor that is supposedly swooping in to save the faultering project.)

Brian Ball, in his article today, references the following: “That project, which includes a public parking garage, remains unbuilt while its developer tries to secure financing.”

It would appear that Mr. Ball doesn’t believe in the Ibiza legend. As a Short North resident, I have grown weary of the fairytales the Ibiza team has been spreading about this project. I am sick and tired of looking at the dirt pit they have created, with signs that literally are rotting on their posts. I am sure they are monitoring this blog, so PLEASE, sell the land to someone who knows how to develop it. That’s if you really care about The Short North and its residents. The City should fine you for creating a public eye sore.

claw71

shortnorthfan wrote >>
    It appears that even the press isn’t believing all the rumors spinning around about Ibiza.(Like the tax abatement that supposedly is coming or the California investor that is supposedly swooping in to save the faultering project.)
    Brian Ball, in his article today, references the following: “That project, which includes a public parking garage, remains unbuilt while its developer tries to secure financing.”
    It would appear that Mr. Ball doesn’t believe in the Ibiza legend. As a Short North resident, I have grown weary of the fairytales the Ibiza team has been spreading about this project. I am sick and tired of looking at the dirt pit they have created, with signs that literally are rotting on their posts. I am sure they are monitoring this blog, so PLEASE, sell the land to someone who knows how to develop it. That’s if you really care about The Short North and its residents. The City should fine you for creating a public eye sore.

I agree on the eye sore argument. All of the money the city has spent helping to beautify the area is for naught the longer that lot just sits vacant. A gravel parking lot in the interim would be better for the entire community.

Mercurius
    Participant

claw71 wrote >>

shortnorthfan wrote >>

I agree on the eye sore argument. All of the money the city has spent helping to beautify the area is for naught the longer that lot just sits vacant. A gravel parking lot in the interim would be better for the entire community.

I think the state, city and other entities should set a date at which they rescind grant money meant for this development and Jeffrey Place. At this point,the sooner these projects go bankrupt and someone more capable can get the land, the better.

cc

It is time to stick a fork in it…

last night one of the developers made mention of things getting close.

Don’t shoot the messenger

Roland
    Participant

I’d have pulled out there a year ago. Okay maybe 6 months ago…

cyclist II
    Participant

The lot is not totally empty, it was useful for me to secure six loose bricks to build a little shelf for my shoes in my apartment.

ilovethiscity wrote >>
    last night one of the developers made mention of things getting close.
    Don’t shoot the messenger

– That’s what they have been saying for years. I’m just tired of it. Just thinking about the money they have sunk into a dirt pit and have nothing to show for it. I love the Short North. I love living there. But it’s time to end this. At this point, it’s just sad and I would hate to see their other businesses like Union go under because they don’t know when to say “uncle”. Enough. It’s done. Sell it. Cut your losses. It’s what grown-ups do. They deal with failure, take their lumps, and move on.

cc

cyclist II wrote >>
    The lot is not totally empty, it was useful for me to secure six loose bricks to build a little shelf for my shoes in my apartment.

Investors may be coming after you – that may be all they can get out of this.

I’ve heard that several people have tried to get their deposits back and haven’t been able to. Has anyone heard that? It’s just a rumor, but it’s one i’ve heard from several people.

cyclist II
    Participant

cc wrote >>

cyclist II wrote >>

Investors may be coming after you – that may be all they can get out of this.

Good opportunity for me to ask the hard questions. Anybody have one?

I just don’t understand why continue with the whole farce. I mean, to continue to disappoint a community just takes up so much political collateral. I believe it’s one thing to say, “We tried and due to the economy, we failed.” it’s another to drive the whole thing into the ground. I just feel it’s just ego and a complete lack of concern for those residents and businesses who have taken The Short North as their home. I am a proud Short North resident and it’s time we take a stand. Sorry, guys, i’m just so upset about this.

I mean, our community was soooo pissed about those damn arches not lighting up for years! How can we stand for what Ibiza has done to our community?

JonMyers
    Participant

I have to say, I would appreciate it if at the very least they would remove the decrepit, vandalized signage. It’s embarrassing for the community, has lead to crime (Jinny breakin and subsequent get away path) and hurts the developer’s future prospects because of the business struggle that visually conveys.

Furthermore a secure, higher fence that conceals the site while all this behind the scenes wrangling is worked out would do wonders for the community who have lost faith in this project.

Something….anything has to be done. It’s disgusting. We as a community struggle with the image of being a high crime area. this doesn’t help it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: