Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Indoor Dog Park in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Indoor Dog Park in Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

I want this in Cbus…

http://www.unleasheddogparks.com/

would anyone here use a place like this? would it work here? Beats the hell out of bundling up on winter days, or sweating like crazy on hot humid days.

Twixlen
    Participant

yurtgirl wrote >>
    http://www.unleasheddogparks.com/
    would anyone here use a place like this? would it work here? Beats the hell out of bundling up on winter days, or sweating like crazy on hot humid days.

Yeah – I’ve seen this place before. I would LOVE a place like this in Cbus – heck, I’d love to be the one to open it, but I don’t have that kind of capital. I think it’s a formula that would do well here.

I just take my dog to doggie daycare once a week. I don’t get to enjoy him playing, but at least he gets to meet lots of other pooches and run about all day to his little heart’s content.

jmathews5
    Participant

What a great idea! I’ve never seen this before. I think as well, it could do quite well with regards to our winters. They lag on for so long it seems and folks can’t / won’t take their dogs out the way they would when its warm out.

Nice!! I’d tell all my dog friends about it, for sure!

yurtgirl
    yurtgirl
    Participant

I do the doggie day care as well but it would be fun to have a place like this here. I actually emailed them and told them Cbus was very dog friendly and they would do well here. They wrote me back and said they were looking into expanding into other cities and would look into our fair town. but who knows if and when.

jaypee_z

this would be great

jaypee_z

Stuggots

I’m actually working on a concept for indoor dog parks during the winter months. The idea is to do short term leases in a vacant retail space, structured like the Halloween stores that pop up from Aug-Nov.

Would love to hear your feedback on something like this and what you would be willing to pay per visit.

Rastapasta

Stuggots wrote >>
    Would love to hear your feedback on something like this and what you would be willing to pay per visit.

I am not big in to dog park, because my precious little Sprinkles prefers human company to canine (she’s a brat, I know) so it’s probably unfair for me to comment. But the $7.50/per day the other place charges would be very cost prohibitive to many people, and out here you’ll need many repeat customers.

I think you’d have to look in to alternative income sources, such as having obedience classes to supplement your revenue from general admissions.

groundrules
    Participant

where does the pee go?

lifeliberty
    Participant

i saw a huge dog facility when i was driving on 670 by the airport. it looked pretty huge and indoors. You might inquire as to what they may have to offer. I forget the name. it might have been a boarding facility, but they might accomodate other uses.

groundrules
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>
    i saw a huge dog facility when i was driving on 670 by the airport. it looked pretty huge and indoors. You might inquire as to what they may have to offer. I forget the name. it might have been a boarding facility, but they might accomodate other uses.

Pet Palace Homepage

Twixlen
    Participant

groundrules wrote >>
    where does the pee go?

The facility in Dallas has a floor that they’ve kind of invented – astroturf on a slatted surface that’s raised a little, and the underfloor is sloped and drained so that the entire floor can be hosed (powerwashed) off, and it will drain outside. I think they are using Simple Green in their basic cleaning process as well.

I think what the Dallas set-up has, that would appeal to people here, is the social aspect of what they are doing. Not only is there a cafe, with an overlooking “deck” where dog owners can sit and watch their dogs romp whilst having lunch/coffee/whatnot, but there is a shop with food/supplies, grooming services AND they offer classes. Another very cool part of that business is they work with local adoption agencies and keep some dogs at the park that are available for adoption. Not only do these dogs get about as fully socialized as possible, but they get awesome exposure to people who just might take them home (or tell a friend).

It’s an awesome concept for a business.

I love the idea. We would pay up to $7.50 to have a space where our dog could romp around for an hour on a cold or rainy day.

rads09

Just wanted to revisit this idea…
    there are no indoor dog places in columbus, right?

eelasil
    Participant

I think the closest thing to an indoor dog park here in Columbus is this: http://www.zoomroomonline.com/columbus-dog-training.html#pg

I’ve never tried it with either of my dogs, but it looks interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: