Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hyperloop

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

JackieC
    Participant

Did not one of our local leaders and or businessman, when asked about light rail, “We have public transportation, it’s called the freeway.”?

News
    Participant

Hyperloop startup wants a 5-mile track by 2018
    BY REX SANTUS

Many have dismissed the Hyperloop as a fantasy project that — at best — lies somewhere in the distant future. But one of the groups vying to build the super-fast transit system says it has plans to build a five-mile test track in California — by 2018.

READ MORE: http://mashable.com/2015/02/26/hyperloop-quay-valley-2018/

News
    Participant

The Race to Create Elon Musk’s Hyperloop Heats Up
    By Alexander Chee | Photographs by Spencer Lowell for The Wall Street

Two years after the Tesla CEO crowdsourced the idea for the Hyperloop, his dream of a ‘fifth mode’ of transportation is quickly and quietly becoming a reality, but what’s his endgame?

READ MORE: http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-race-to-create-elon-musks-hyperloop-heats-up-1448899356

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

California is out, and Las Vegas is in. Latest news says they are going to build it in Las Vegas.

Elon Musk’s Hyperloop will be Built in Las Vegas

…Hyperloop Technologies announced Tuesday that it will build a test track in Las Vegas for the new technology, which would transport passengers through vacuum tubes at speeds up to 750 miles per hour using solar power. The idea was first presented in a white paper by Musk in 2013 and has since been adopted by multiple independent companies that are racing to build a proof of concept…

rprpclark
    Participant

Why must 700+ mph be the initial objective? I’d be happy to be able to travel at hi way speed with reliable, clean train service with minimal stops. Maybe I’m just a small thinker.

RedStorm
    Participant

Why must 700+ mph be the initial objective? I’d be happy to be able to travel at hi way speed with reliable, clean train service with minimal stops. Maybe I’m just a small thinker.

Read the mini-novel from Wait but Why on Musk and his companies to understand a little more about how he thinks.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: