Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hubbard Park Place - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Hubbard Park Place – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author

Nancy H
    Participant

Getting back to the Hubbard Park Place project… I like the way they picked up design elements from the Greystone and translated them into a contemporary building. Very few of our new infill buildings feel like they are sympathetic to the older buildings.

I do believe that new buildings should be a product of their own time. But they should also be sympathetic to the older architecture that surrounds them. I grow weary of the boring “let’s throw some bricks on the facade so it fits in with the neighbors” approach.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

From Walkers construction updates posted today it seems like work should start early this fall on Hubbard Park Place.

Why’s that? Because The Dennison looks like it’s moving along?

The Wood Companies have at least four other projects in the works. I haven’t heard which one is slated to be next for construction.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Maybe I read it wrong but this is from the development roundup posted today.

The Wood Companies received approval from the Italian Village Commission this month for their Brunner Building at 940 North High Street. President Mark Wood said that they are pushing for a fall groundbreaking for that project as well as for Hubbard Park Place in Victorian Village.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Maybe I read it wrong but this is from the development roundup posted today.

Oh. Brent wrote the development roundup. I did the construction (photo) roundup. That’s why I was confused. ;)

Clint41044
    Participant

Any word on these projects? I haven’t seen anything happening on any of the Wood Company projects.

sruckus
    Participant

Ha, I was walking by yesterday and wondering the same thing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m meeting with Mark Wood at 11am today (about The Dennison) but will ask for updates on this one too. ;)

Pablo
    Participant

I noticed City crews working on power lines in and around the site. Could this be prep work for the actual construction?

mbeaumont
    Participant

I noticed City crews working on power lines in and around the site. Could this be prep work for the actual construction?

Hope so! They’ve got the 9-story Buttles and High development, Parkside on Pearl, Hubbard Park Place, and The Brunner all in the works. It’ll be interesting to see in what order they tackle all of these.

Pablo
    Participant

In Friday’s Business First, developer Michael Schiff said this project will break ground in the next 30 days.

mbeaumont
    Participant

In Friday’s Business First, developer Michael Schiff said this project will break ground in the next 30 days.

Awesome!

Pablo
    Participant

I drove by this morning and it appears the parking lots are closed. Looks like a contractor is mobilizing – there’s a large front-end loader parked on site.

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

Just talked with someone working on it as well. Financing just came through, should be starting any day!

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Finally! Great news!

goldenidea
    Participant

Today, I saw a track-hoe and a stack of steel beams on location, so things are happening!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO