Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hubbard Park Place - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Hubbard Park Place – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 135 total)
  • Author

dru
    Participant

interesting, this is the current Columbus Eyeworks, Salons at Hubbard & High, etc… not the lot in red above that lines Park Street. This appears to be an entirely separate idea.

I am however confused why this would be in the Italian Village Commission, as this is in Victorian Village.

heresthecasey
    Participant

@Dru,

It is the VVC, not IVC. The most recent agenda from yesterdays meeting is here, the project appears on page 2.

Past agendas from the commission are here.

Likes Old Houses
    Participant

I found this in the latest Italian Village commission agenda about the lot behind Haiku. It looks like they are proposing 7 floors.
    13-3-12
    Jonathan Barnes (Applicant) Short North Properties, LLC. (Owner)
    796 North Pearl Street
    An application, site plan, and drawings have been submitted.
    New Construction
    • Conceptual review of the construction of an approximately 85,000 square foot, mixed-use apartment development.
    • Proposed development to consist of 40 to 50 apartments on floors four through seven; approximately 14, 000 square feet of office space on the third floor; two townhouse units on the ground floor; and two parking decks, above and below grade.
    • Parking decks to be concrete and upper floors structural steel.

Pablo
    Participant

^That sounds pretty cool. Can the parking lot at the southeast corner of High & Hubbard be next?

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

IV park is going to get hardly any sunlight after that goes up. Never thought the Haiku lot was that horrible, would much prefer something was done with the ugly lot south of UDF

Pro Se
    Participant

ntn said:
    IV park is going to get hardly any sunlight after that goes up. Never thought the Haiku lot was that horrible, would much prefer something was done with the ugly lot south of UDF

This is actually going in behind The Hubbard Bar so it shouldn’t have any impact on Haiku or the pocket park that abuts it. My understanding is that the yellow identifies the current Hub development.

dru
    Participant

Pro Se said:
    This is actually going in behind The Hubbard Bar so it shouldn’t have any impact on Haiku or the pocket park that abuts it. My understanding is that the yellow identifies the current Hub development.

this thread is discussing 2 developments. the 7 story one referenced by @likesoldhouses above is in the Italian Village, between Haiku (not the actual surface lot abutting the restaurant) and the IV Park.

Mercurius
    Participant

ntn said:

United Dairy Farmers, Inc actually owns that lot too. Just in case you needed another reason to hate Lindner family (who own UDF and American Financial Group.)

Mercurius
    Participant

dru said:
    this thread is discussing 2 developments. the 7 story one referenced by @likesoldhouses above is in the Italian Village, between Haiku (not the actual surface lot abutting the restaurant) and the IV Park.

If I get off work in time – I’m going to stop by the IV commission meeting tonight. Will report back.

Mercurius
    Participant

dru said:

Wasn’t this lot slated to be a community meeting house in the original Ibiza plans?

Edit:

dru
    Participant

Mercurius said:
    Wasn’t this lot slated to be a community meeting house in the original Ibiza plans?

Edit:

I think that image is still the original boundaries of the park (with the meeting house in those borders), and the white mass on the left border is the parking lot slated to be built on. if you look at Google aerial maps, that circular walkway proposed is what was built with space left to the west.

jbcmh81
    Participant

Pablo said:
    ^That sounds pretty cool. Can the parking lot at the southeast corner of High & Hubbard be next?

The one that belongs to Greystone? I doubt that.

dru
    Participant

jbcmh81 said:
    The one that belongs to Greystone? I doubt that.

southeast would be the surface lot parking for Haiku (which at least for now I also doubt)

jbcmh81
    Participant

dru said:
    southeast would be the surface lot parking for Haiku (which at least for now I also doubt)

Oops, yeah I doubt that too. It’s a great location, though… probably one of the most prime locations in the Short North.

Mercurius
    Participant

I went to IV commission last night. It’s hard to keep track of all of the new development coming. On the new Jonathan Barnes building (we probably need to split it into another thread) looks good! As of now, its an all steel and glass building. I have pictures crappy cell phone pictures – but people would be better off going to the city and making real copies. It will be changed substantially before it’s approved though.

Right now, the main complaint from commissioners was that it’s too tall for that location. On concerns with the proximity to IV Park, the back of the building is completely mirrored windows – so it will reflect the park (essentially make it look larger) rather than block the park. It also doesn’t block the south facing side, so the park will lose minimal sunlight.

I’m excited to see density coming! It will be a very nice development.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 135 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO