Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Election Results - November 2, 2010

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Election Results – November 2, 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 200 total)
  • Author

berdawn

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>
    I mean that a sizable chunk of my fellow citizens have apparently lost their damn minds.

Where “lost their damn minds” is defined as “don’t agree with me”?

no, I mean they have chosen someone who is not very smart, poorly read, unable to interact with constituents, unable to articulate positions, ill-equipped to be interviewed, and has offered nothing of substance. She’s doesn’t have to be KB Hutchison, but fuck, she’s not even Dornan.

rus
    rus
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>
    I mean that a sizable chunk of my fellow citizens have apparently lost their damn minds.

no, I mean they have chosen someone who is not very smart, poorly read, unable to interact with constituents, unable to articulate positions, ill-equipped to be interviewed, and has offered nothing of substance. She’s doesn’t have to be KB Hutchison, but fuck, she’s not even Dornan.

Which goes back to that you’re talking about a Nevada race. How, exactly, do you expect to run into the people that voted for her?

berdawn

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Which goes back to that you’re talking about a Nevada race. How, exactly, do you expect to run into the people that voted for her?

As I stated, it’s a better indicator than some of the other races. The OH governor’s race is likely to be too close to “say” much, same for the FL and AK races because of the 3rd party candidates. Brownback winning in a landslide doesn’t tell me anything I didn’t know already, neither does CA governor race.

misskitty
    Participant

When I was growing up my dad always told me that the hand shake will make or break you sounds cliché I know. I do believe that a hand shake says a lot about a persons confidence and such. So I met many judges this year before the election and I must note that many of them had the weakest hand shake I have ever had the pleasure of shaking. On that note they did not get my vote because why on earth would I vote for someone that slouches and has a week had shake? I don’t see the confidence so why would I vote them to make important decisions?

rus
    rus
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

As I stated, it’s a better indicator than some of the other races. The OH governor’s race is likely to be too close to “say” much, same for the FL and AK races because of the 3rd party candidates. Brownback winning in a landslide doesn’t tell me anything I didn’t know already, neither does CA governor race.

So, in your opinion, Nevada voters electing someone you think is an idiot means people in Ohio are generally more stupid.

Really?

I see what you’re saying… I’ve no idea how you’re getting from A to B, though.

berdawn

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

So, in your opinion, Nevada voters electing someone you think is an idiot means people in Ohio are generally more stupid.
    Really?
    I see what you’re saying… I’ve no idea how you’re getting from A to B, though.

I’m sorry I’ve not been more clear and that you are myopic.

rus
    rus
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

I’m sorry that, somehow, voters in Nevada control the quantity of stupid people you run into here in Ohio.

Twixlen
    Participant

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

I’m sorry that, somehow, voters in Nevada control the quantity of stupid people you run into here in Ohio.

You really don’t pay any attention to races in other states? As a litmus for the nation? I think that’s a pretty common thing, for anyone who follows politics.

And yes, a vote for Angle *does* equal a vote for the Willingly Uninformed, which IS a problem for the whole nation, since her vote will have a national stage – not just Arizona.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

You really don’t pay any attention to races in other states? As a litmus for the nation? I think that’s a pretty common thing, for anyone who follows politics.
    And yes, a vote for Angle *does* equal a vote for the Willingly Uninformed, which IS a problem for the whole nation, since her vote will have a national stage – not just Arizona.

Even if you’re correct that a vote for Angle equates to a vote for “Willingly Uninformed”, explain again how that translates into encountering more “Willingly Uninformed” people here in Ohio.

berdawn

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Even if you’re correct that a vote for Angle equates to a vote for “Willingly Uninformed”, explain again how that translates into encountering more “Willingly Uninformed” people here in Ohio.

can you identify any post in which I have written anything about encountering people in Ohio, stupid or otherwise?

rus
    rus
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

can you identify any post in which I have written anything about encountering people in Ohio, stupid or otherwise?

I’m reading this… by “confronted” I read “personally confronted”… otherwise, it’s you choosing to engage in national politics, yes?

berdawn

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

I’m reading this… by “confronted” I read “personally confronted”… otherwise, it’s you choosing to engage in national politics, yes?

no, it’s me choosing to read.

rus
    rus
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Ah… so, underneath that bubbly personality you’re really saying that voters in AZ indicate a national trend you don’t approve of.

berdawn

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Ah… so, underneath that bubbly personality you’re really saying that voters in AZ indicate a national trend you don’t approve of.

no, for like the zillionth time…first, it’s Nevada and if the good citizens of Nevada choose to send a pet hamster to the senate, that tells me that whatever particular circumstances led them to do so is not limited to Nevada. Ordinary people who vote in mr. cavey are not in a vacuum and in the coming months I am likely to read about any number of dumbshit things not because of one individual freshman senator but because as I may have written earlier, it indicates that the bar for fucked up has been raised; it’s an extrapolation I can make based on the behavior of politicians and citizens in the past.

rus
    rus
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Twixlen wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

no, for like the zillionth time…first, it’s Nevada and if the good citizens of Nevada choose to send a pet hamster to the senate, that tells me that whatever particular circumstances led them to do so is not limited to Nevada. Ordinary people who vote in mr. cavey are not in a vacuum and in the coming months I am likely to read about any number of dumbshit things not because of one individual freshman senator but because as I may have written earlier, it indicates that the bar for fucked up has been raised; it’s an extrapolation I can make based on the behavior of politicians and citizens in the past.

So it’s not a national trend, but you extrapolate the results to the nation as a whole.

Uh huh.

Yeah, we’re not communicating here.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 200 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: