Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

How Park Street Bars finds its bartenders

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion How Park Street Bars finds its bartenders

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I’m a little drunk, so bear with me please. Where did that email get to…

Ah, here we go:

=====================================================

Subj: The Social Room is Looking to Hire!

reply-to: The Social Room <[email protected]>

to: JimL2

date: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:28 PM

=====================================================

Seriously, guys? You’re hiring via a spam email list? Forgive me, I’m no bar-teur, but that doesn’t seem like the best way to ensure “legendary customer service.” Then again, I don’t think spam email lists lead to legendary customer service, but I’m kind of biased.

Personally, I would have staffed my private, members-only, upper-deck club with the best staff from my other locations. You know, proven staff who have not only demonstrated their abilities, but a loyalty to your management. But hey–I guess when the other option is to fire all of your Spice Bar staff at once and then use “[email protected]” to find new staff, the scales are sort of unfairly tipped, huh?

Edit: Yes, the image cuts off without providing a timespan on Wednesday. I recommend you call them for more info, rather than relying on them sending out another blastmail to correct it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

JimL2 wrote >>
    I guess when the other option is to fire all of your Spice Bar staff at once and then use “[email protected]” to find new staff, the scales are sort of unfairly tipped, huh?

Just one point of clarification – the people who were running Spice Bar and just closed it are not the same people running Social Room.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

That’s a fair point. Honestly I’ve lost track of ownership since the building owners sold the interior and then… bought it back? I don’t know.

But I’ll accept that, that’s fair enough.

EDIT: this is probably dealt with in the “upcoming social room” thread that I’m too sleepy to find. Sorry!!

heresthecasey
    Participant

“The Social”?? What is this? The Microsoft Zune bar? Seriously, who thought that would be a good name??

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Sorry Casey, already made that joke. And hopefully Walker will forgive me if I confused one failed-trio themed bar for another. I was never very good with the Park Street family.

Which I notice is now properly named. Can’t wait for the Halloween party! Nice font choice.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Damn it! You’re always one step ahead!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Sorry. To everybody involved. :(

howatzer
    Participant

What was the point of this thread? Why should anyone care how a bar finds staff? And why should we care if JimL2 is drunk and fat?

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

What I want to know is how the hell JimL2 got that e-mail!

I mean, didn’t they read and consider their own desired qualifications?? “Positive attitude?” “Excellent interpersonal skills??” Come ON!! ;)

somertimeoh
    Participant

LI, I’m lollering big time over here.

He got all the Spice/Sugar spam. I guess his shirtless dancing didn’t get him removed. Which says to me, there ain’t nothing you can do to get off that list ;)

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    LI, I’m lollering big time over here.
    He got all the Spice/Sugar spam. I guess his shirtless dancing didn’t get him removed. Which says to me, there ain’t nothing you can do to get off that list ;)

Ahhh! Perhaps it wasw the shirtless dancing that got him ON the list!! Rrrrrrowwwww! ;)

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

howatzer wrote >>
    What was the point of this thread?

The point of this thread was to make you whine about how people are always discussing things on this discussion board. What’s their deal anyway, what do they think this is? Why is everyone talking everyone shut up howatzer wants to talk :(

A secondary motivation was to show that this exclusive, private, members-only club is being staffed by the kind of people who read and respond to spam emails. Take a second to think of anyone you know who responds to spam, and then consider whether you–as a supposed VIP–would be impressed by their cocktail waitressing skills.

I’d say no; not exactly the caliber you’d expect from a burgeoning Drones Club. But then again I also wouldn’t expect a private, members-only club to be advertising via spam anyway.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Jim, you don’t have to waste valuable manpower to inform us that you’re drunk-posting.

We know.

You could be using that time to hack Spice’s spam list and use it to hire your own bartenders/dancers.

Coreroc

Yeah I got this same email to 2-3 of my email accounts recently and am so tired of getting emails I am begining to think it would be fun to litterally send them a can of real spam in the regular mail everyday as payback.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: