Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion How Does Your Garden Grow?

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 834 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Hop cones starting to form

null

DouginCMH
    Participant

Nice! My homwbrewing days are past. But once some fairly major landscape work is accomplished in the back yard and I rebuild a side entrance fence, the plan is to integrate hops into an arbor that arches over the entry gate.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

This is my second year growing them and they have really taken off. Sometimes growing 3-4 inches in a day.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

First round of compost of the season.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

lots of hops

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I have a lot of peppers starting to ripen.

There’s one mystery: These were labeled as “Paprika Supreme” and I was expecting long pods like an Italian frying pepper. But I got these round pods. Some have suggested they may be Alma or Amish Apple, each of which could be suitable for grinding into paprika. They’re thin-walled with big placentas that almost completely fill the pods, kind of like giant versions of cherry peppers. I’ve sampled one so far; one side was mild and the other was hot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

countessbranca
    Participant

Does anyone have any good resources for cultivating an old grapevine? Although I know my way around a vegetable garden, I don’t have much experience with them and have “inherited” one.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

This bee is a dusty mess.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

first harvest

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

About to pop

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

vegetable riot

the goldfinches are working them from above

News
    Participant

Local Landscaper Has Big Dreams for the Future of Gardening
    September 11, 2014 8:25 am – Emma Surber

For a local Columbus landscaper, being able to design and create a garden that will change the way people view them is a work of art.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/local-landscaper-has-big-dreams-for-future-gardening-es1

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Well, that’s it for this year’s growing. I picked everything yesterday, regardless of ripeness. I need to figure out what to make of them – something green, and something orange/red.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

The hops are back.

Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 834 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION