Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion How Does Your Garden Grow?

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 834 total)
  • Author

ricospaz
    Participant

We made a taco salad with the tomatoes I’ve had ripen already. a couple Roma, Big Boys, and some cherry tomatoes. They were delicious.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

A mouse stole a little red pepper from on top of the toaster oven, and carried it to the back of the cooktop, but only took one or two bites.

That’s going to be one tiny little Ring of Fire.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

There’s already a naked lady in my garden!

aka resurrection lily, surprise lily, August lily – I’ve never seen them bloom so early.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Been away from the garden for three days, tomatoes are doing super.

Zucchini are going away, peppers just sitting there, I may set the central ohio record for sweet potatoes later on. So much garden work needed now to plant for fall.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Time to start eating some leeks! How often do you have all u can eat leeks?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

My onion harvest was rather modest. But I have a nice assortment of peppers and tomatoes beginning to ripen.

The goldfinches have learned to hang upside-down and pick the seeds out of the nodding sunflower. Cute little white butts.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The watering cans on the garage floor get tangled in the hose every time it goes by, and it’s a damned annoyance. So I put them in the recycling tub to frighten them, and they get real quiet real fast.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Finally, red!

Sure seems like the tomatoes took their time turning red for me this year.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I’ve been picking reds for a while, but nothing that size.

I need a sonar rig to see submarine-sized objects through the zucchini leaves.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

My squash and zuccihini done well until the heat wave.

But we are gonna have a bumper crop of Habanero’s this year.

I have read that all the hot weather means more alkaloids and a hotter pepper.

ricospaz
    Participant

I’ve got Kohl Rabi ready to go. Going to try to boil it and mash it.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Another hab man, allright! I have some as well, every year.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Alex I’m gonna save a jar of our World Famous Pineapple Habanero Jam just for you

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Hah, I have pineapple/hab sauce in the fridge.

I’ve made many hab sauces over the years with various thick bases. I’ve used carrot juice, and/or onions, or pineapple, or yellow winter squash. I placed second in the North Market hot sauce contest with a hab sauce thickened with rasins and prunes. Could have gone into tamarind with that one.

One thing I haven’t tried could be based on the “salsa” at Los Guachos – chunky red onion and orange habanero. What do you get when you combine orange and red..?

shmack

this might be my favorite thread on all of CU. quick question for you folks: i had to cut and toss my basil plants last month due to what i suspect is fusarium wilt. can anyone confirm for me? i cloned a friend’s plant and am trying to figure out if i can put it in one of the containers i used for the infected plants.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 834 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION