Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

How can one make a quick buck?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A How can one make a quick buck?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Lakee911
    Participant

Is there any place one can (legally) make a quick buck around here? Occasionally I find myself with an extra hour or two and it would be nice to make a ‘lil beer money.

I’m not necessarily looking for commitments (so probably not a part time job).

Back in college I used to do problems out of text books and sell the solutions where they would be posted online for others to buy. I can’t find a place that does this now though.

Ideas?

Thanks!

johnwirtz
    Participant

Lakee911 wrote >>
    Is there any place one can (legally) make a quick buck around here? Occasionally I find myself with an extra hour or two and it would be nice to make a ‘lil beer money.
    I’m not necessarily looking for commitments (so probably not a part time job).
    Back in college I used to do problems out of text books and sell the solutions where they would be posted online for others to buy. I can’t find a place that does this now though.
    Ideas?
    Thanks!

Sell blood/plasma?

I think the KGB text service does something like this.

JonMyers
    Participant

List something you will do for $5.00

http://www.fiverr.com/

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Amazon Mechanical Turk: https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome

DCist

If you feel comfortable with it you can always tutor. I signed up on universitytutor.com and people have contacted me. I had one kid over the summer that I tutored for 3 hours a week at $20/hr.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

you know, i think you should go on twitter. i constantly say things like “does anyone have a tiller? i would pay someone $75 to come till my flower beds.” it would seriously be only an hour’s work – maybe more, i don’t know. but i don’t have a tiller and i don’t want to take the time to go through the hassle of renting one. it’s that sort of thing i think people are willing to pay for.

other ideas include: coffee delivery service, milk delivery service, beer delivery, potbelly sandwich dlivery – pretty much any delivery actually.

i’m pretty lazy. so i always over pay and tip people to deliver things to my house….

dirtgirl
    Participant

I’m with Lisa. Offer yourself as a personal concierge service. This was a big thing when I lived in New York – college students would advertise on Craigslist to do people’s grocery shopping, pick up dry cleaning, etc.

The other night I was stuck home with sleeping kids and would have paid someone $10+ to run over to Japanese Oriental and pick me up a big bowl of ramen noodles.

Tenzo
    Participant

do you do drywall?

Brant
    Participant

Street busking.

lew_d

i second the personal concierge service idea. i used to use this occasionally in philly and it was great.

Can you put a new fan into my bathroom to replace the old one? (Remove old fan casing, cut new hole in drywall ceiling, mount new fan to joists, attach outlet to existing ductwork, wire to existing wiring.)

Tenzo
    Participant

drewtoothpaste wrote >>
    Can you put a new fan into my bathroom to replace the old one? (Remove old fan casing, cut new hole in drywall ceiling, mount new fan to joists, attach outlet to existing ductwork, wire to existing wiring.)

Need a Painter with a TALL ladder

Here’s the KGB thing:
    http://542542.com/agent

Our Vision for Work @ Home:
    To build a best-in-class Work @ Home community to support our expanding suite of kgb products and services with your help.

kgb Work @ Home positions offer the opportunity to learn, grow, and have fun; to be part of an elite group of kgb Special Agents who enjoy flexible scheduling; a commute-free day – saving time, money, and the planet. You can also enjoy the total eradication of a dress code policy.

Lakee911
    Participant

Thanks for the ideas!

@Tenzo: I can do drywall. What do you have mind?

There is almost no handyman service I can’t do, but I’ve gotten lazy in my old age. Ha. I actually don’t like to crawl up in the attics … confined space, hot, dirty, etc.

@Lisa: You should email me when you need something like tilling your garden for $75! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: