Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Houses decorated for Halloween?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Houses decorated for Halloween?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

bellygoddess
    Participant

I hope you guys can help!

My 5 year old daughter is quickly becoming obsessed with Halloween. There is a house nearby that is fully decorated for Halloween and we have to look at it several times a day (Cherry Creek Pkwy, close to Galloway)

Can you guys tell me of other houses/neigborhoods around Columbus that are decorated, or will be come Trick or Treat?

Thanks!!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

There are normally a few on Neil between 3rd ave and 670. I haven’t noticed if they are set up this year or not.

This place in Clintonville is my favorite
    https://www.facebook.com/87Halloween-714915231911536/timeline/

I think it’s 87 Garden? Usually not in its prime until the holiday.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Have any of you seen how people decorate their state park campsites for halloween? Walker, that could make a neat feature story.

goldenidea
    Participant

< There are normally a few on Neil between 3rd ave and 670. I haven’t noticed if they are set up this year or not. >

I think they’re in the process of getting set up. Last year, the owners of 802 Neil (think that’s the right address… a few lots south of Hubbard) went ALL OUT on their set up… it was GREAT! I’m pretty sure they’ll be back again this year with even more, as yesterday I noticed they’ve just added a motion-activated caged bird skeleton display (hehe) over their garage door on Highland alley (just down from Basi Italia). In addition to Neil, the owners of the Sells Mansion had a nice display last year. The new owners of Pat Collins’ house on Buttles are already up & running this year, with lots of cool tombstones in their front yard and lots of ghoulish lighting.

FireEngine
    Participant

The corner of Charles and Montrose in Bexley has an amazing Halloween display and does a performance on Trick or Treat night.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I saw a house on Buttles across from the park that had a nice grave setup and a skeleton climbing up the side.

bellygoddess
    Participant

Thanks! Keep them coming! We will definitely check these out.

Shako
    Participant

German Village… start near Mohawk and Beck and walk in a any direction. Since the houses are so close to the street folks tend to do funny little details in their holiday decorating that can be observed up close!

asil
    Participant

In Worthington – the corner of New England and Farrington always has a big display. There’s also a house on Kanawha east of High Street that does some stuff – not sure of the address but it’s not a long street.

bellygoddess
    Participant

Yea!thank you so much for the information. Hopefully after this weekend, there will be more houses decorated.

krad
    Participant

There is/was a house in UA on Guilford rd I used to run by (in between Cambridge and Tremont) that decorated for every holiday imaginable. Haven’t been by in a while so I am not sure if it still gets decorated.

bellygoddess
    Participant

For those interested, the hoise on Guilford INDEED decorates for Halloween. We saw it Sunday evening. Fun and spirited, just like Christmas. I know we will look again before the 31st!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: