Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hounddog's Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hounddog's Pizza

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The 24/7 service has ended at Hounddogs… Via CMH Gourmand:

Hounddogs made a name for itself and kept it by being a 24 hour pizza place since 1992. That changed January of 2015. I have posted a photo of the new hours below. While the place has always been a destination for an eclectic mix of guests, the new hours and other changes have made it a destination for families over the last year or so. If you have not visited here since college or before 4 am, you may want to drop in and reacquaint yourself with pizza for the people.

READ MORE: http://cmhgourmand.com/2015/02/28/hounddogs-three-degree-pizza-revisited-reviewed-revived/

OneBagTravel
    Participant

^bummer but still those hours are reasonable

EvilAnton
    EvilAnton
    Participant

One night I watched my server bend at the waist and give a young man a very competent looking lap dance while he was propped against the doorway to the kitchen. All while forgetting to turn my order in and in front of a very full dining room.

After waiting roughly 5-10 minutes for her to tear the ticket out of her book and hand it off to the kitchen staff. I called her over and said something. Eliciting a scowl and a “GOD, UHH!” She then proceeded to stare me down and shouting over the usual din of the dining room, yell “happy now!?”

I asked for a manager, and the young man who was the recipient of the aforementioned lap dance approached my table. I said all the usual things most people would say in a situation like that. He said there was nothing he could do. That if I didn’t like it I could leave.

So I did.

I called back the next day to talk to the owner to relate my experience. I was given the General Manager. A seemingly nice woman. After telling her what happened she said she was told by her staff and manager on duty the night before that I walked out on my bill. And that I owed her for the balance…

That was two years ago.

If Hound Dog’s pizza cured cancer, I wouldn’t buy it.

If they gave it away for free, I wouldn’t eat it.

Digital Dave
    Participant

I love that place.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

One night I watched my server bend at the waist and give a young man a very competent looking lap dance while he was propped against the doorway to the kitchen. All while forgetting to turn my order in and in front of a very full dining room.

After waiting roughly 5-10 minutes for her to tear the ticket out of her book and hand it off to the kitchen staff. I called her over and said something. Eliciting a scowl and a “GOD, UHH!” She then proceeded to stare me down and shouting over the usual din of the dining room, yell “happy now!?”

I asked for a manager, and the young man who was the recipient of the aforementioned lap dance approached my table. I said all the usual things most people would say in a situation like that. He said there was nothing he could do. That if I didn’t like it I could leave.

So I did.

I called back the next day to talk to the owner to relate my experience. I was given the General Manager. A seemingly nice woman. After telling her what happened she said she was told by her staff and manager on duty the night before that I walked out on my bill. And that I owed her for the balance…

That was two years ago.

I just don’t see what the problem was.

robertfoshizzle
    Participant

So I did.

That was two years ago.

I don’t blame you. I rarely eat there anymore because of all the bad service I have received. I would expect poor service during the bar rush, but most of my bad experiences have happened during normal dinner hours on week nights when the place is only moderately busy. I’m fine with colorful language and a laid-back approach (I’m not exactly an old fart who expects a formal dining experience), but I’m not okay with members of the staff straight up being rude assholes to good tipping, patient customers. Apparently their ownership is okay with that.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I don’t think there is any establishment in the whole city with service as laughably abysmal as Hounddogs. I love the pizza, but I only go there when I’ve had enough drinks to not notice or to care how incompetent they are.

Graybeak
    Participant

Well, once this Dick’s Last Resort rolls into town, perhaps Hounddog’s customer service scores will go up.

cheetobuttercup
    Participant

I don’t think Hounddog’s gives a s**t about their customer service. Luckily, their pizza makes up for it.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I don’t think Hounddog’s gives a s**t about their customer service. Luckily, their pizza makes up for it.

hasn’t it been that way since day one?

Patch
    Participant

Any idea if they still have their pitcher of beer and pizza for $10 deal?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I just don’t see what the problem was.

I lol’d

sruckus
    Participant

It is quite good, but agree about the service.

I went to pick up a carry out order and waited for several minutes as either the manager or the owner stood in front of the counter just telling another employee about how he had to let someone go because they “just wouldn’t work”. All the while I’m standing there waiting to be helped. Finally another employee who had gotten off the phone helped me. I just don’t get it.

ohbr
    Participant

Any idea if they still have their pitcher of beer and pizza for $10 deal?

Just ate there the other night and it was a large pizza with (I forget how many toppings) and a pitcher for $20.

Anyone know what they’re doing to the front? Maybe I missed it.

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE