Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hounddog's Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hounddog's Pizza

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author

cc

Yeah, call in service would occasionally get the ‘please hold (forever)’ while they laughed. It is a Lord the Flies kind of place….

geedeck
    Participant

They actually contacted me about this, wanting to use this photo:

Pizza being Served at hounddogs

I told them they probably could illustrate Hound Dog’s better than a grainy phone cam with CPD at the register. I much prefer what they chose.

somertimeoh
    Participant

I feel kinda left out on the bad service thing. I’ve never really had it there. I mean sure it takes forever sometimes to place an order late, but if I’m ordering pizza after 11pm I’m probably wasted so my sense of time and how long I’m waiting is shot anyway. Also, I could be to blame because I somehow usually end up chatting with the dude on the phone because with my accent, and my slurring, my address is terribly difficult to get out. Sorry guys!! :)

kelseyg

I love Hounddog’s. I agree their sit-in service is lousy, but I order pick-up all the time and have never had a problem.

Corey A

The horrible service is one of my favorite things about Hounddog’s. It’s so predictable it’s almost comforting.

AmyJ
    Participant

Corey Aumiller wrote >>
    The horrible service is one of my favorite things about Hounddog’s. It’s so predictable it’s almost comforting.

Agreed. I was there last Friday and had a really friendly, responsive waitress and felt a little out of sorts.

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

My God this place is a gigantic disappointment. My friends and I have made a point of going there after the Fair the last two years and the service has been breathtakingly awful.

Even worse than that is the fact that they have no air conditioning. Last year when we went it was shockingly hot in there, to the point where they propped the doors open because the August air outside provided a cooling relief. We thought last year that surely there must have been something wrong with the AC – maybe it was on the fritz? Yeah, our visit on Saturday night confirmed that, no, they just don’t have AC. It, again, was unbearably hot.

And the service again was ridiculous. We asked for silverware at one point and were responded to by our server like we were the most needy people on Earth. She came back 5 minutes later with a bunch of dripping silverware and said “I had to wash these, so here are some extra napkins”. What. The. Fuck.

ricospaz
    Participant

Senator Tankerbell said:
    My God this place is a gigantic disappointment. My friends and I have made a point of going there after the Fair the last two years and the service has been breathtakingly awful.

Even worse than that is the fact that they have no air conditioning. Last year when we went it was shockingly hot in there, to the point where they propped the doors open because the August air outside provided a cooling relief. We thought last year that surely there must have been something wrong with the AC – maybe it was on the fritz? Yeah, our visit on Saturday night confirmed that, no, they just don’t have AC. It, again, was unbearably hot.

And the service again was ridiculous. We asked for silverware at one point and were responded to by our server like we were the most needy people on Earth. She came back 5 minutes later with a bunch of dripping silverware and said “I had to wash these, so here are some extra napkins”. What. The. Fuck.

Hipsters hate A/C.

geoyui
    Participant

I’ve never been to hounddogs, but based on this thread, is it safe to say that having poor service is just their thing? Reminds me of a bar restaurant in Myrtle Beach called “Dicks” where the wait staff were supposed to be dicks.

And honestly, with all the pizza joints in columbus, why choose one known to have crappy service (I realize if you want a slice at 3 am those options are limited)? The pizza has to be exceptional for me to endure what I’ve read here.

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    Hipsters hate A/C.

You’d think people that know they’re definitely not going to be showering would want to cut down on how much they sweat.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

geoyui said:
    I’ve never been to hounddogs, but based on this thread, is it safe to say that having poor service is just their thing? Reminds me of a bar restaurant in Myrtle Beach called “Dicks” where the wait staff were supposed to be dicks.

And honestly, with all the pizza joints in columbus, why choose one known to have crappy service (I realize if you want a slice at 3 am those options are limited)? The pizza has to be exceptional for me to endure what I’ve read here.

I like places like this because I can let my inner dick shine. They think they’re being dicks? I’ll be the bigger dick. lmao.

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

geoyui said:

Hounddog’s doesn’t have bad service in the calculated Dick’s Last Resort we’re rude to you in a playful, intentional type way. At Dick’s they will joke and insult you and all that because that’s part of their thing – but they make sure you have a drink, some silverware, your food. Hounddog’s isn’t concerned with any of that. They are rude to you in a we-could-give-a-shit-less-if-you’re-here-or-not-and-we-don’t-care-if-you-know-it kind of way.

It made a good stop off after the Fair proximity-wise. Guess we’re going to find a new spot.

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

Snarf said:
    I like places like this because I can let my inner dick shine. They think they’re being dicks? I’ll be the bigger dick. lmao.

The only difference is they control when and if you get your food – and what additional toppings they choose to add to it.

geoyui
    Participant

Senator Tankerbell said:
    Hounddog’s doesn’t have bad service in the calculated Dick’s Last Resort we’re rude to you in a playful, intentional type way. At Dick’s they will joke and insult you and all that because that’s part of their thing – but they make sure you have a drink, some silverware, your food. Hounddog’s isn’t concerned with any of that. They are rude to you in a we-could-give-a-shit-less-if-you’re-here-or-not-and-we-don’t-care-if-you-know-it kind of way.

ah, good point.

ricospaz
    Participant

geoyui said:
    ah, good point.

Senator Tankerbell said:
    The only difference is they control when and if you get your food – and what additional toppings they choose to add to it.

I hope you like cock meat!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE