Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hounddog's Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hounddog's Pizza

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Paul
    Participant

America’s Best 24-Hour Hot Spots
    By Lyndsey Matthews

The atmosphere of this pizza joint may not be for everyone—it’s attached to the Ravari Room, a punk rock music venue and bar. Still, make the trip for the pizza and find out why locals revere it. Try a specialty pie like the Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza, or build your own by choosing from two crusts (Smokin’ Joes, a thick crust coated with garlic butter, or regular thin crust), three sauces (regular, spicy, and howlin’ hot), and more than 25 toppings from sauerkraut to hot Cajun links.

READ MORE: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-35709402

anillo
    Participant

Nice to see they threw some shout outs to not-huge cities instead of just filling the list with places in LA/NY etc. And hounddogs is pretty boss.

Cookie

I don’t get the Hound Dogs love. They don’t even have good pizza.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Cookie wrote >>
    I don’t get the Hound Dogs love. They don’t even have good pizza.

You’re the first person I’ve ever heard say that. That pizza is amazing. To each his/her own though.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

24/7 eateries in Columbus hold a very special place in my heart. Nothing better than pizza & beer at 5:30am. I miss those days….congrats to Houndogs!

chaptal
    Participant

I’d have loved to have been able to find out if their pizza was good or not. Their service was so lousy we ended up leaving without anyone taking our order.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I like their pizza, but I’ve been burned too many times by poor service. We occasionally will call up an order for pickup but no longer will dine-in there.

10sun

I actually find that picking up I get the worst service ever.

Eating in, I’m usually drunk and go right up to the server station/kitchen entrance and tell them what my table wants and they have it out to us quickly.

I really try to only order before 5pm. or when I’m as drunk/ drunker than the kitchen staff, lately it’s only been before 5pm. If I get late night sober pizza there, I am almost always disappointed.

Paul
    Participant

Service there is typically rude and slow.

Pizza is really pretty good, especially for an all-night joint.

@lizless, they serve beer at 5:30AM??

cc

I believe 5:30 am is when you can start selling beer in OH in the morning. Since they are open (and most bars aren’t) why not!? :)

I have seen some scary looking characters waiting for the beer cave to open at Giant Eagle…

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Service industry workers typically wrap up work around 3 or 4am then head to Houndog’s for some dinner until beer pours again at 5:30am. Service workers have a tendency to tip pretty obscenely so service wasn’t bad at that hour or maybe we never minded it as it was the only option available.

somertimeoh
    Participant

FWIW, I had good service there about 3am a few Sundays ago. Only one chick working the floor, though we were the only ones there, so that might have had something to do with it :)

somebuckeye
    somebuckeye
    Participant

last time I was there we watched a large table come in, order, eat their entire meal and leave while we waited for our pizza. Haven’t been back since. I recall them having better service about 10 years ago, or maybe I was just a dumb high school kid.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Hound Dogs with the Smokin’ Joe crust is my favorite pizza in Columbus. But they are such unbelievable rude assholes with atrocious service that I don’t really order from them anymore. And I am extremely forgiving. It’s a shame.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE