Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hotel Indigo - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Hotel Indigo – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

JAL
    Participant

I see there is a sign up in the window in the downtown building(s) that are proposed to become the Hotel Indigo at Broad and High. The signs are advertising Restaurant Space for Lease and references back to the http://www.hotelindigo.com website. Hopefully this means the group who have taken over this project may have gotten the finance to procedure with this hotel.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

hivner1

I stayed at one of their hotels in Athens, GA. VERY cool concept. It will be one of those places where even people who live in town could go to for a “stay-cation”. Good grab for Columbus.

jus10dk
    Participant

Anyone heard anything new on this? Hotel Indigo’s website has nothing. Just wondering.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Like everything else these days, funding is probably taking a little longer to secure.

J7027

This is exactly what Columbus needs and the location is perfect. I stayed at this hotel in Boston and was very pleased. Hope to see this progress sooner than later.

Neil Jaye

J7027 said:
    This is exactly what Columbus needs and the location is perfect.

I agree completely! I feel Columbus needs more hotel that can also serve as entertainment destinations with bar/lounges that would be worth going to even if a stay is not in the cards (think W, Standard, etc) and not JUST a place for business and convention travelers. I think it could not only serve as a means of adding revenue stream, but draw people to the hotel and downtown in general. I hope it‘s done well and there are more to come.

CMHflyer
    Participant

It looks like the property transfer from the Schottenstein Group to Midas Hospitality was completed, as Midas lists the property on their website:

http://www.midashospitality.com/properties/map/

They said work on the property could begin as early as this past May. Not sure if that work has indeed commenced, or if construction work is still being contracted. Either way, I agree with previous posts that this project would be a great addition to (Downtown) Columbus’ hotel portfolio.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anyone heard anything on this lately? Hrmm…

myliftkk
    Participant

Walker said:
    Anyone heard anything on this lately? Hrmm…

It’s on some downtown development documents I saw the other day at a meeting about downtown real estate.

I must say we stayed at one of these in Chicago and I wasn’t all that impressed. Maybe because I though a beachy-themed hotel in Chicago seemed ridiculous on its face and because for the first time ever on a Priceline garnered stay, the hotel stuck us on a smoking floor which absolutely reeked of smoke (granted neither of us were smokers – but they also refused to move us to a non-smoking floor without upcharging us). Meh, I though the Kimpton in NYC was way beyond Indigo.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

JAL said:
    I see there is a sign up in the window in the downtown building(s) that are proposed to become the Hotel Indigo at Broad and High. The signs are advertising Restaurant Space for Lease and references back to the http://www.hotelindigo.com website. Hopefully this means the group who have taken over this project may have gotten the finance to procedure with this hotel.

Would love to see them blow out the wall on the alley side and throw in a small outdoor seating space. It could bring some energy to both Broad and Pearl….two birds with one stone.

Rocknrolloutlaws
    Participant

I noticed today that the sign in the window has changed. At one point there was a sign that had a Hotel Indigo logo on it, and said that they were leasing restaurant space. That sign is gone, and has been replaced with a different leasing sign which makes no mention of a restaurant or of Hotel Indigo.

Not sure what, if anything, the change signifies, but thought it worth mentioning.

ehill27
    Participant

Downtown hotel plan off

A St. Louis hotel operator that had a deal to renovate two historic buildings across from the Statehouse into a boutique Hotel Indigo has backed away from that plan because of financing concerns.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2011/12/25/brice-road-retail-area-showing-signs-of-life.html (2nd section)

heresthecasey
    Participant

Boo!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, that’s a bummer to hear, but the lack of progress on this project over the two years since it was originally announced has led me to believe it wasn’t really going anywhere anyway…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: