Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Rumor Mill: New Hotel at Parsons and Livingston

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Rumor Mill: New Hotel at Parsons and Livingston

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

anillo
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think it looks fine…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jpizzow wrote >>
    Btw, has anyone seen renderings of the new 6 story research building and/or the proposed hotel?

It was just released today – More here:

Children’s Hospital to Add New Six-Story Building

cyclist II
    Participant

The new 12 story build should look nice with a solid wall of curved glass. On my recent trip to Dixie and Florida I re-entered Columbus thru Grove City on I-71 and that new building was the first “vista” I saw and I dug it.

The taller crane they put there had me thinking it was going to be much taller though.

Patch
    Participant

jpizzow wrote >>
    I just counted the floors on the web-cam and it appears to be 14 stories high.
    And what’s this about an eyesore????
    +100 Likes Old Houses
    -1000 Patch
    Btw, has anyone seen renderings of the new 6 story research building and/or the proposed hotel?

What I am saying is that it is so huge that I can see the cranes from the front door of Barcelona, and see it from from the corner of High and Sycamore.

Its waaaaay to tall. They have enough land that they didn’t need to build it that tall, or that close to the corner.

anillo wrote >>
    http://www.nationwidechildrens.org/gd/applications/controller.cfm?&page=9107#/gd/applications/campus_expansion/images/gallery/photo1.jpg looks alright to me

This would make alot more sense if it was taken from the ground, where people would be driving, instead of a false aerial photo, where only the ghetto-copters will see the view.

Core_Models

So you wanna live next to downtown and not see tall buildings?

Patch
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    So you wanna live next to downtown and not see tall buildings?

HA!

Hat tip.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

You can see buildings Downtown from Schiller Park. I don’t think they necessarily are a bad thing for the “sky view”. ;)

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

The building is too tall???

I guess I don’t get it.

Lorence
    Participant

The Wendy’s shut down operations on 12/24. The sign came down on the following Monday, then the rooftop HVAC units and all of the copper (inside and outside) was removed the following day. I’ve not heard anything during the employee forums about a hotel.
    Not sure what is meant by “Long Term Employee parking” 36 hour parking…I park in that garage daily. It’s an employee lot. Employees use it for the shift they work – there aren’t 36 hour shifts…
    The goal of building upwards was to, of course, get as much new space as possible (it’s very needed, room size will increase and bed count goes up to 470, also very needed), but also to allow lots of green space , extending the green space from Livingston park to the west.
    There’s also an underground garage beneath the new building.

J.R. Locke

Wow. I just moved into this area and this is literally my back yard (or front yard depending how you look at it.

I was happy that the new CVS was up. I expected that the lot would fill up but was wondering why the Wendy’s closed down.

Thanks for the info! Makes this site great.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE