Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

HORRIBLE food and service at Mr. Eggs

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining HORRIBLE food and service at Mr. Eggs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Twixlen
    Participant

0Angle said:
    I understand the “coffee” is based on the Kopi Luwak formula.

I think he started doing that as a side effect of his first plan – chicha style coffee. He was chewing the beans to “grind” them, was startled by the backfiring of a car (will he ever get over what happened to him at Red, White, and Boom?), and swallowed some.

That Duane – he’s an inventor.

Bear
    Participant

I stopped by Mr. Eggs this morning because I’d heard that they started importing their beef and pork from European sources. I noticed a few pretty unusual specials: Yee-Ha Breakfast Sausages, the Giddyup Melt, and Kentucky Derby Hash. These all sound like pretty American names, so I think I might have been misled.

leftovers

That is a relief. I saw Mr. Eggs trawling the dumpsters at the Zoo the other day and was getting worried.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Duane says as long as it’s a mammal, it’s okay. He says in 20 years no one will be able to tell the difference anymore.

Between mammal and avian eggs.

Twixlen
    Participant

Well, there are parts of Kentucky that *seem* like a foreign country…

Maybe Duane was taking that “don’t cross state lines” restriction as the same thing as needing a passport?

leftovers

Manatee said:
    Duane says as long as it’s a mammal, it’s okay.

I hate to say this, but whatever he pulled out of that dumpster wasn’t a mammal.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

I am anxious to stop by and see their “Live Charles in Charge Episode Reenactments” happening every Thursday from 10:45 to 11:15 a.m. Anyone know WHERE they’ll be doing this? The space doesn’t seem big enough or set up that way … Maybe they’ll just lose some tables or move the Spiro Agnew statue?

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

I think he means that he will shape it into a mammal?

It’s the latest thing he says. And it’s all sous-vide!

leftovers

jmak said:
    I am anxious to stop by and see their “Live Charles in Charge Episode Reenactments”

I don’t know if I can stomach that after the time he brought in John Davidson, Cathy Lee Crosby and Fran Tarkenton for “That’s Inedible!”.

I felt so sorry for what happend to Cathy Lee…

Rockmastermike
    Participant

leftovers said:
    I don’t know if I can stomach that after the time he brought in John Davidson, Cathy Lee Crosby and Fran Tarkenton for “That’s Inedible!”.

It can’t possibly be as bad has his production of “Weekend at Bernie’s”

My god the smell was horrible.

oh wait… i think it was the same production

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    It can’t possibly be as bad has his production of “Weekend at Bernie’s”

My god the smell was horrible.

I found out later, that guy was still alive!!!

brothermarcus
    Participant

I’m not sure how to describe what I’ve just witnessed, but apparently Duane considers the trunk of his Olds Delta 88 to be a food cart now… he parked outside of the main library branch this afternoon in his Mr. Eggs overalls and was selling what he called “Washington Beach Pâté”, some sort of pink protein-based ooze he dispensed with a pastry decorating bag, on saltines for $1 each. For $5 he’d let you suck on the pastry decorating bag… I’m not sure how sanitary this is but after each person he would rinse off the bag in the fountain.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

You must have missed his meltdown when he realized that the Value Time Whole Wheat saltines were too crumbly for the home-made vienna sausage.

leftovers

At least it is spring now. This winter I saw a North Korean documentary crew filming Mr Eggs downtown cooking birds and making coffee out of melted snow.

I hear he is going to be on the North Korean version of Iron Chef.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ever since Duane became obsessed with molecular gastronomy, he’s been freaking me out. He wants to try to reproduce the flavor of the OHS’s mummy. Eww.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION