Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

HORRIBLE food and service at Mr. Eggs

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining HORRIBLE food and service at Mr. Eggs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author

First of all, I was really excited about Mr. Eggs because eggs are one of my favorite foods. Whether you fry them, cook them, or just drink them, it’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet. You can get them in almost all regular restaurants, so eggs are hard to mess up, right? WRONG.

My first clue that there was going to be trouble was when the host up front was dipping (tobacco) and when I told him I needed a table for 1, he looked straight at me and spit the brown juice into an old Code Red (Mountain Dew) bottle that was already full to the top with dip spit. He goes “What, you don’t have any friends?” Very rude, and not true, because they’re really busy, like me, and I have a lot.

When I got there the table was clean, but the waiter told me “Don’t make a big mess, it’s Mr. Eggs not Mr. Messy.” I told him if the eggs were good then I’d clean the plate, but he shook his head and said “Don’t f*** the table because I hate wiping up.” Then he dropped the menu and walked off.

I was going to get 2 regular, 2 salsa eggs, but there was nobody even in the restaurant, not even other customers. So I got up and was looking around, and the waiter was out front smoking a Black/Mild. I said “Give me 2 regular and 2 salsa” and he yelled at me “I’m on break.” I told him that if eggs were on break, that we’d all go hungry, and he just said “Go sit down.”

9 minutes later he came back and he smelled great because of the cigar, but he was coughing a lot and he called me a pig for getting 4 eggs. It’s a healthy serving if you have an appetite, so that’s not even a lot. The eggs weren’t good and he wrote “You better put a tip” at the end of the receipt.

The worst part was that he put the receipt under the eggs so when I was done eating I could see it. If you’re lazy that probably makes sense but I got eggs all over and I couldn’t write on it, so I had to ask for another one and he said “I’m going to charge you for the extra paper.”

So don’t go to Mr. Eggs, because when you go out, you want some good eggs, not overcooked eggs and dip spit. I don’t like to leave a negative review but avoid Mr. Eggs and just go to G.Eagle and get your own. It’s cheaper and nobody calls you a pig.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Where is this Mr. Eggs?

Kahiki

I had a similar experience with this establishment.

I went in and ordered my favorite drink, a P’tit Caribou. They said that they didn’t have it on the menu (WTF?), and that they didn’t know how to make one. They said that they’d give it a shot, and I explained how to make it, but they managed to mess it up, and it was really mediocre. Horrible. I’ll never go back.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Dennys is also pretty good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My wife had a similar experience at Mr. Eggs, but they were all out of eggs and had to substitute Con Agra brand Egg Beaters. THEN they wouldn’t accept the coupon because she didn’t buy any eggs!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Drewtoothpaste is obviously a plant. He’s an undercover employee over at Mr. Bacon, writing negative reviews about his competitors.

The folks at Mr. Eggs are fine upstanding people!

chrisat4th

I HAVE to check this place out!

tracy studer

Were is this place?

DavidF
    Participant

I refuse to patronize this place because they don’t have any vegan eggs.

chaptal
    Participant

You think Mr. Eggs is legendary, you should experience the service from Mrs. Eggs.

Static-X

drewtoothpaste said:
    First of all, I was really excited about Mr. Eggs because eggs are one of my favorite foods. Whether you fry them, cook them, or just drink them, it’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet. You can get them in almost all regular restaurants, so eggs are hard to mess up, right? WRONG.

My first clue that there was going to be trouble was when the host up front was dipping (tobacco) and when I told him I needed a table for 1, he looked straight at me and spit the brown juice into an old Code Red (Mountain Dew) bottle that was already full to the top with dip spit. He goes “What, you don’t have any friends?” Very rude, and not true, because they’re really busy, like me, and I have a lot.

When I got there the table was clean, but the waiter told me “Don’t make a big mess, it’s Mr. Eggs not Mr. Messy.” I told him if the eggs were good then I’d clean the plate, but he shook his head and said “Don’t f*** the table because I hate wiping up.” Then he dropped the menu and walked off.

I was going to get 2 regular, 2 salsa eggs, but there was nobody even in the restaurant, not even other customers. So I got up and was looking around, and the waiter was out front smoking a Black/Mild. I said “Give me 2 regular and 2 salsa” and he yelled at me “I’m on break.” I told him that if eggs were on break, that we’d all go hungry, and he just said “Go sit down.”

9 minutes later he came back and he smelled great because of the cigar, but he was coughing a lot and he called me a pig for getting 4 eggs. It’s a healthy serving if you have an appetite, so that’s not even a lot. The eggs weren’t good and he wrote “You better put a tip” at the end of the receipt.

The worst part was that he put the receipt under the eggs so when I was done eating I could see it. If you’re lazy that probably makes sense but I got eggs all over and I couldn’t write on it, so I had to ask for another one and he said “I’m going to charge you for the extra paper.”

So don’t go to Mr. Eggs, because when you go out, you want some good eggs, not overcooked eggs and dip spit. I don’t like to leave a negative review but avoid Mr. Eggs and just go to G.Eagle and get your own. It’s cheaper and nobody calls you a pig.

When I went to Mr. Eggs, I had the same host and waiter. But when I said that I wanted them over easy, they brought me out this wrinkled whore. I guess he thought I said old and sleazy. I didn’t send her back because I didn’t want them to do anything bad to my eggs. I wasn’t upset with the dip-spit that the host was putting in the can, but I was pissed at the dip-shit who was upsetting the host with his complaints. Even a host can have a bad day or an attitude, that doesn’t give you the right to complain. I will be back, Mr. Egg

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

But do they have gluten free eggs?

JonMyers
    Participant

Keep it civil. Thanks.

Bear
    Participant

Y’know, I wasn’t going to mention this place, because I generally don’t review restaurants that aren’t that great, but I figured with the name that there would be some variety of eggs, y’know? Cage-free, local, organic, that sort of thing. I didn’t see any of those options on the menu, but I thought they might have been hidden by some of the stains, so I asked one of the cooks whether they could do an organic local omelette. He went in the back, came out with a plate, and put it down on the table in front of me. What he did next was so unspeakable that it left the hipster at the next table curled up on the gummy floor in a ball weeping uncontrollably and whispering “Mommy…” over and over again. The cook apprised the plate and said, “There ya go, buddy… 100% local and organic.”

Which wouldn’t have been so bad, actually, if it weren’t for the fact that, as I was walking out the door, I noticed that they had a bunch of damn flower pots arrayed along their patio railing. Really, the nerve of those people.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I went there with someone who is allergic to eggs, and they didn’t have any non-egg dishes on the menu. At all! So my friend ended up having to order an egg dish –which meant I had to stab him repeatedly with an Epi Pen throughout the meal. Not fun.

On the plus side, I enjoyed the background music. I thought it was the radio at first, but it turned out to be the chef humming to himself in the kitchen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: