Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Home foundation repair - looking for recommendations about contractors

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Home foundation repair – looking for recommendations about contractors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Our 100+ year old house has a crappy foundation. The previous owner slapped some planging around the whole thing to cover up its state of disrepair. There are some leaky areas, particularly in the area around the crawlspace under our front room. When I go into the basement, I can feel the cold air moving around down there. We had a hole patched last year and insulation put in; that solved the drafts for a while.

My guess is that the worst areas are at the north west corner and the wall behind the porch at the north east side of the house. We are looking for contractors who can do foundation repair and also repair or replace the porch. Anyone know someone who does a good job?

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I just had a nice meeting with Glenn Mitchell from Ohio Basement Authority. Does anyone have experience with them? They are ranked A- by the Better Business Bureau because they are a new company (only 2 years old). Does anyone have any good warnings or have advice on what questions to ask?

I remember looking for basement contractors a few years ago and found that there were lots of complaints against many of them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: