Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview - Hoggy's Closes All Stores

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview – Hoggy's Closes All Stores

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 399 total)
  • Author

gramarye
    Participant

The only Hoggy’s I’ve ever been in is actually the one that’s staying open–my high school class actually had its 10-year reunion there.

As for City BBQ, though, I can’t say I was particularly impressed with them, either. Went to the Reynoldsburg one years ago, haven’t been to any of their locations since.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

Walker said:
    I’ve not had the BBQ at Park Creek, but you bring up a good point about good BBQ at other restaurants. I’ve enjoyed plenty of BBQ meats, pulled pork and other items on menus all across the city. BBQ doesn’t seem to be something that really needs it’s only specialty restaurant. I’ve heard people rave about the BBQ at Flatiron, and there’s some surprisingly good items at High Beck too, which has a smoker out on their back patio.

It’s sort of like fish. Columbus doesn’t have a ton of seafood restaurants, but you can find great fish dishes on just about every menu at any good restaurant. Some of the best seafood I’ve had in my life came from an anniversary dinner at The Refectory a few years ago.

Good point. Make one really solid BBQ or seafood entree among your other items versus a whole spread that’s just average at best. Low and slow, baby!

GCrites80s
    Participant

Walker said:
    It’s sort of like fish. Columbus doesn’t have a ton of seafood restaurants, but you can find great fish dishes on just about every menu at any good restaurant. Some of the best seafood I’ve had in my life came from an anniversary dinner at The Refectory a few years ago.

When I lived in D.C., I was always blown away by the seafood there. I was like “Well, close to the ocean its gotta be better.” But later I realized that there wasn’t a real reason why we couldn’t have seafood like that here. It’s just that we don’t put as much emphasis on it.

myliftkk
    Participant

hajames66
    Participant

Since I’m tired of driving up to Henderson to get my City BBQ fix my fingers are crossed for them to come to Grandview.

cheap

myliftkk said:
    Maybe this fine establishment will replace Hoggy’s

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/10/atlanta-boners-bbq-twitter-facebook-yelp_n_1196857.html?ref=food

williamson bros bbq rocks down there

great food

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

Anything new with the former Hoggy’s location in Grandview? Is Giant Eagle moving to Grandview Yard?

geoyui
    Participant

whatever opens on 5th and grandview, I hope it’s not a burger or sandwich joint.

ricospaz
    Participant

JaredThompson said:
    Anything new with the former Hoggy’s location in Grandview? Is Giant Eagle moving to Grandview Yard?

Giant Eagle is moving across from the yard, on 3rd.

rus
    rus
    Participant

geoyui said:
    whatever opens on 5th and grandview, I hope it’s not a burger or sandwich joint.

I’d like to see city bbq to open up there.

Graybeak
    Participant

geoyui said:

Or an wood fired oven pizza shop. Though a Massey’s would be a good addition, that space is a little large…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

ricospaz said:
    Giant Eagle is moving across from the yard, on 3rd.

Well, there’s a new one opening there, but there hasn’t been an official statement on whether or not the 5th Avenue store or the Neil Avenue store will close, though most are anticipating that it will be one or the other or both…

Grandview Yard Giant Eagle

buckette13

This can’t be right, but one of my coworkers says it will be an Olive Garden.

I think it is too small for that.

eelasil
    Participant

rus said:
    I’d like to see city bbq to open up there.

+ 1 billion! City BBQ closer than Upper Arlington would be fantastic.

ricospaz
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    This can’t be right, but one of my coworkers says it will be an Olive Garden.

I think it is too small for that.

Please god no

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 399 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE