Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview - Hoggy's Closes All Stores

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview – Hoggy's Closes All Stores

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 399 total)
  • Author
    derm
    derm
    Participant

alexs said:

I also miss the Greek diner that used to be where the Grandview Cafe is now

I remember that place, the staff SMOKED like no other place I’ve seen.

Indeed. The bar staff were little old lady smokers named after rocks. (Opal and Garnet)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well this thread has certainly taken a turn for the pleasant.
    When we’re visiting DC, I’d like to visit the Greek restaurant Mouraya. My biggest complaint about local Greek places is the substitution of cow for lamb. At this place, they apparently make their moussaka with ground duck. I probably won’t complain.

Anti

0Angle said:
    Well this thread has certainly taken a turn for the pleasant.

Let’s get it back on track… does the new Winking Lizard have a lizard in the restaurant?! (the one on Bethel did a few years back anyways) Let’s get the animal activists up in here!

ricospaz
    Participant

Anti said:
    Let’s get it back on track… does the new Winking Lizard have a lizard in the restaurant?! (the one on Bethel did a few years back anyways) Let’s get the animal activists up in here!

I didn’t see the lizard at the new location but remember the one on Bethel Road. That lizard had a good life.

Anti

I was there only once, but as my beer tally went up I formed a bond with the lizard as I walked by him to the bathroom (as any decent drunk would)… and my plan to break out the lizard naturally only became more and more plausible over the course of the night.

Smiths

I saw a short man go from WL to his SUV last night. He was completely intoxicated and had no business driving. Luckily he did not hit any cars on his way down the street.

bucki12

How to Report a Drunk Driver

1. Call 911 and tell them you wish to report a drunk driver. You do not have to give your name.
    2. Give the exact location of the vehicle, including the name of the road or cross streets and the direction the vehicle is traveling.
    3. Give a complete description of the vehicle, such as make, model, color and license plate.
    4. Describe the manner in which the vehicle is being driven.
    5. Do not follow or try to stop the car or detain the driver. Leave that to trained professionals.

http://www.abc.ca.gov/news/dui_prevention/report_drunk_drivers_tip_sheet.pdf

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Anyone else notice this topic, with screenshots of the thread, make the local news last night?

buckette13

ABC Six news article

Columbus — Neighbors of a new restaurant and bar are complaining about parking problems. The Winking Lizard Tavern moved into a space at 5th and Grandview Avenues last month. Since then, some landlords and people living in apartments along Grandview say customers have been taking up the street parking. “I’ve seen people put notes on people’s cars like if you’re not a resident here don’t park here,” said Christine Sweat. Sweat says she rushes home after work hoping to grab a spot before they’re all taken but usually ends up parking far away from home. Winking Lizard management has asked customers to respect their neighbors by not parking in front of the Walgreens or the apartments on Grandview Avenue. Management admits it has had a difficult time but is trying its best to accommodate everyone. Sweat says she’d be willing to pay for permit parking simply for the convenience. Winking Lizard management tells ABC6/FOX28 it has told upset landlords that business usually drops 25% after the first opening month and that parking should get better

Read More at: http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wsyx_parking-problems-frustrate-neighbors-new-restaurant-bar-23000.shtml

dogfart
    Participant

this just in

life isnt fair

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mister Shifter said:
    Anyone else notice this topic, with screenshots of the thread, make the local news last night?

Ha! Wouldn’t be the first time. ;)

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

5xNW officially has the whiniest residents in the metro. You know where you will never have trouble parking? Hilliard Rome Road. I can shoot you a link for apartment listings if that would be helpful.

wpcc88
    Participant

joshlapp said:
    5xNW officially has the whiniest residents in the metro. You know where you will never have trouble parking? Hilliard Rome Road. I can shoot you a link for apartment listings if that would be helpful.

you got that right… it’s part of living in an urban area, get over it

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

wpcc88 said:
    you got that right… it’s part of living in an urban area, get over it

Every other urban area makes adjustments for residents like permit parking. Sounds like Grandview needs to catch up.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

joshlapp said:
    5xNW officially has the whiniest residents in the metro.

I wouldn’t group an entire neighborhood based off the complaints of select individuals.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 399 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE