Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview - Hoggy's Closes All Stores

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview – Hoggy's Closes All Stores

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 399 total)
  • Author

leftovers

JaredThompson said:
    They (the elderly) are sometimes frightened by the yelling or the surprise discovery of someone urinating in their back yard.

Having been there for most of the weekend and having used the restroom multiple times and hanging outside with my friends while they smoked I am really tempted on calling shens on that. It wasn’t that kind of crowd. It is a pretty similar crowd to Bethel and there aren’t people pissing in the parking lot there.

myliftkk
    Participant

mrmann said:
    Under the same reasoning, should Bodega be paying for the parking permits of the houses behind it?

Parking behind Bodega is permitted, btw. It is also ticketed aggressively.

Patch
    Participant

How are the wings? Besides the Roadhouse in Hilliard there aren’t many/any really good wings places in town.

And do they have any happy hour specials?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anybody tried the wings?

buckette13

JaredThompson said:
    The parking problem affects my elderly mother and my elderly neighbor more than me becauseI ride COTA or walk most places. However the older folks struggle to walk two or three blocks with bags and it is exacerbated when they can’t park near their homes.

If we get parking permits then residential parking will be even easier than before.

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

I was there on Sunday and parked in the lot. How would WL be proactive on this? Should they ask every person who walks in the door to fill out a questonaire on where they parked and tell them they should move their car if it’s in the residential neighborhood? They can’t control where people park. Public street parking is available for whoever wants to park there. If they are parking illegally thats one thing but not much you can do if its a legal spot. There are plenty of areas in this town that are congested at times because of restaurants and shops. People just need to get over it and deal with it. I think we should all run Schmidts out of town because their customers take up a lot of street parking too. The problem is the people complaining lived there there before WL opened. If they were open before you lived there, you wouldn’t be complainin or have no reason to complain.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Patch said:
    How are the wings? Besides the Roadhouse in Hilliard there aren’t many/any really good wings places in town.

And do they have any happy hour specials?

As completely off topic as this is, I recently discovered Roadhouse and wholeheartedly agree! (What was funny too, when I searched for it I found a review by CU’s own Roland…also a rave review)

phaedrus
    Participant

Dearest 5xnw,
    Why you so NIMBY?

-Clintonville

RhondaH

There does seem to be a lot of drama over a bar. You plop this into Olde Towne East and I bet people would be praising it.

rus
    rus
    Participant

RhondaH said:
    There does seem to be a lot of drama over a bar. You plop this into Olde Towne East and I bet people would be praising it.

They have oodles of abandoned buildings to park in front of.

ricospaz
    Participant

I’m glad they moved into the building. Just another option I can walk to. It’s a lively and interesting place that doesn’t seem to cater to the ‘frat’ crowd.

I hope for the resident’s sake that the parking issue eases up, but I don’t see why WL needs to jump right on it.

reggiano1
    Participant

buckeye54 said:
    Although I’m sure the noise and parking is inconvenient currently, I would be willing to bet that the craziness is going to calm down over time. A grand opening coupled with march madness, which is peak season for sports bars is probably not the best time to determine whether or not the WL will be an ongoing issue.

I do find it interesting that people are reacting to this as though the WL replaced an upscale restaurant in a quiet area not a chain called hoggys located next to a grocery store, numerous restaurants and bars,as well as strip plazas on a fairly busy road. As someone who lived in grandview for several years, I expected that there would be parking issues and occasionally some drunk people making noise walking home or to their car from bars. I am wiling to bet that given time that the problem will remedy itself after the tourney ends and the newness wears off.

And once the “newness” wears off (which I really hope it does, but doubt it will)- There is baseball season which will have it’s share of fans looking for a “sports bar” and then you will have the beloved Buckeye football season. it will all start over again. The patio will keep this place packed when the sports aren’t driving people there.

For the record, I love to drink good beer and appreciate a good selection of it. I wish I could enjoy the WL but I can’t because of the way it has changed my ability to come and go from my house. I will walk past the WL and go to MTM every single time.

My solution for enjoying a summer patio and beer this year: I installed a Kegerator in my 2nd refrigerator. It will have 2 local craft beers on tap at all times- buckette13 and Jared, I will invite you over so you don’t have to lose your parking spots either. There is room on my spacious patio for your friends as long as no one minds a dog or two. LOL

reggiano1
    Participant

0Angle said:
    Has anybody tried the wings?

Yes, they suck. I sent them back and had them taken off my bill. Over fried and tasted like old oil.

And yes, with all my ranting, I did go there once. The only redeeming thing about the place was that they had CBC Bodhi on tap and pretty good spinach artichoke dip. Not enough reason to go back.

SSBucks
    Participant

VicVillage Guy said:
    I was there on Sunday and parked in the lot. How would WL be proactive on this? Should they ask every person who walks in the door to fill out a questonaire on where they parked and tell them they should move their car if it’s in the residential neighborhood? They can’t control where people park. Public street parking is available for whoever wants to park there. If they are parking illegally thats one thing but not much you can do if its a legal spot. There are plenty of areas in this town that are congested at times because of restaurants and shops. People just need to get over it and deal with it. I think we should all run Schmidts out of town because their customers take up a lot of street parking too. The problem is the people complaining lived there there before WL opened. If they were open before you lived there, you wouldn’t be complainin or have no reason to complain.

Well said…

Anonymous
    Inactive

About ten years ago my street increased from permit on weekdays only to game days, too. It’s a Saturday spectator sport on our front porches to cheer on the tow truck drivers.
    Curse WL.
    Or implement permit parking.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 399 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: