Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview - Hoggy's Closes All Stores

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Winking Lizard Replaces Hoggy's in Grandview – Hoggy's Closes All Stores

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 399 total)
  • Author

jimmyking
    Participant

Feel bad for all of those who just lost their jobs:

Hoggy’s Closes All But One Columbus-Area Restaurant

Tuesday January 10, 2012 10:56 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – All but one Hoggy’s restaurants have closed in central Ohio, 10TV News reported on Tuesday. According to the restaurant chain’s corporate office, five Columbus-area locations closed, along with restaurants in Cleveland and Kentucky.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/01/10/columbus-hoggys-restaurants-closing.html

rus
    rus
    Participant

Crap.

Hardly my favorite place, but I know a number of people who like them.

mrpoppinzs

Hopefully something will take their place and hire, some of those have pretty good locations.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Sucks for the people who work there.. but it wasn’t very good food.

ohiogirlie74

Shocking… that was a LOT of locations, including some outside Columbus, toward Cleveland, I think. Agree on the less-than-tasty aspect, but, bummed to see a business that started locally and then hit a huge boom just go *poof* like that.

However… I’m silently chanting “no whammies, no whammies” for whatever goes into the spot at 5th & Grandview. Man, I love a new restaurant.

catnfiddle
    Participant

Any chance Ray Ray’s could snap up one of these locations? That seems to be a business that’s fit to move in immediately to a building with that kind of setup.

bayrea
    Participant

You know what would be awesome in the Grandview location… an Olive Garden.

ik

GCrites80s
    Participant

Maybe a KFC will open up where Hoggy’s was. There will be the Old KFC, the Old Old KFC and the Main KFC. Just like the post offices.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if I’ve ever been to a Hoggy’s… Hrm. Sad to hear they’re closing though…

fluffy1972
    Participant

i think city bbq killed them in columbus, better food, where there really wasn’t any competition before they showed up.

rus
    rus
    Participant

bayrea said:
    You know what would be awesome in the Grandview location… an Olive Garden.

ik

For a firebombing, perhaps.

bayrea
    Participant

I actually enjoyed Hoggy’s for lunch when I worked in Grandview. I do remember going there for dinner and them royally messing up our orders. I haven’t stepped foot in an Hoggy’s in 7 years.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Hoggy’s had some damn good mac & cheese. I’m glad I’ve got a copy recipe on hand.

Twixlen
    Participant

catnfiddle said:
    Any chance Ray Ray’s could snap up one of these locations? That seems to be a business that’s fit to move in immediately to a building with that kind of setup.

I had to pause, and bask in the glory of this idea for a moment.

Andrew Hall

Twixlen said:
    I had to pause, and bask in the glory of this idea for a moment.

I believe he has zero interest in doing a brick-n-mortar restaurant again.

A.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 399 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE