Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hofbrauhaus Beer Hall

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Hofbrauhaus Beer Hall

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author

J.Benner
    Participant

Word within certain circles is that they attempted to go into Brewmaster Gate a few years back and could not come to terms with Arshott. Conversion costs were also likely prohibitive and close to build new costs. So the reason for Hofbrau looking outside of the Brewery Dist. is more on the landlord with the only suitable spot for them within the BD, not the prospective tenant. I respect them attempting to located within the Brewery District first and taking their time trying to get this “right”. Grandview Yard < Brevery Dist, but Grandveiw Yard > Easton > Polaris.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

News said:
    NRI Releases Renderings, New Details on Latest Grandview Yard Phase
    Published on December 19, 2013 10:10 am
    By: Brent Warren

NRI has released more information on the latest phase of their Grandview Yard development. Renderings show a two-story office building similar in style to the existing offices that front Goodale Boulevard. The two-story restaurant space, which will hold a Hofbrauhaus, will feature a large outdoor beer garden.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/nri-releases-renderings-new-details-on-latest-grandview-yard-phase-bw1

the place looks like a frigging Panera…is the Easton model of Faux new urbanism creeping downtown?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I didn’t get a chance to snag a photo, but it looked like foundation work was underway for this building.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I recently moved to Las Vegas and visited the one here and it was almost overwhelming with the super loud music..and kind of annoying that they go around to your table several times trying to take a picture of you and your group and trying to get you to buy it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

…and kind of annoying that they go around to your table several times trying to take a picture of you and your group and trying to get you to buy it.

Whaaaaaa? For real? Like they do at amusement parks? :O

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Well, it is Vegas.

wpcc88
    Participant

I’ve been to the one down in Cinci and also the Pittsburgh location and that hasn’t happened at either of those.. have to go with JPowell’s ‘Well it is Vegas’ on this one

I recently moved to Las Vegas and visited the one here and it was almost overwhelming with the super loud music..and kind of annoying that they go around to your table several times trying to take a picture of you and your group and trying to get you to buy it.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

The girls do spank you with a large wooden paddle on your birthday..that is if you’re into that ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Posted on FB today:

DouginCMH
    Participant

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2014/08/hofbrauhaus-on-target-for-october-opening-with.html

“The Grandview Yard restaurant and brewery expects to open by Oct. 21. It took a key step toward that opening date Monday when it took delivery of its brewhouse, the component allowing it to begin on-site brewing in time for its opening.”

And, on the beer side of things:

“Hofbrauhaus will carry four core beers – light lager, lager, dunkel and hefeweizen – with a fifth seasonal brew offered each month. Makein said May’s Maibock and September’s Oktoberfest are imported from the home brewery in Germany, but otherwise all other beer will be made at the brewery and restaurant.”

OneBagTravel
    Participant

So ready for this. I’ll be there opening day (oct 21st). I’ll be switching between Zauber and Hofbrau. This area really is the new brewery district!

I’ve been to the one in Munich, Kentucky, and Pittsburgh. This one is supposed to be modeled closer to the one in Pittsburgh which is really nice.

robertfoshizzle
    Participant

the place looks like a frigging Panera…is the Easton model of Faux new urbanism creeping downtown?

What is it supposed to look like? LeVeque Tower?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

lol yeah I don’t recall this happening at Panera last time I was there.

DouginCMH
    Participant

So ready for this. I’ll be there opening day (oct 21st). I’ll be switching between Zauber and Hofbrau. This area really is the new brewery district!

I’ve been to the one in Munich, Kentucky, and Pittsburgh. This one is supposed to be modeled closer to the one in Pittsburgh which is really nice.

I’m looking forward to it, as well. I doubt I’ll go very often, but when I’m in the mood for German beer hall debauchery, it’ll fit the bill perfectly.

Interestingly, Columbus has evolved a decent German-centered beer scene, between Hofbrauhaus, Zauber and Gordon Biersch. In fact, I’d argue the central Ohio craft beer scene is nicely diversified, style-wise.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE