Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Historic Districts Want Rental Signs Removed from Houses

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Historic Districts Want Rental Signs Removed from Houses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

mrpoppinzs

I don’t have issue with tasteful signs on buildings, I was just pointing out that there is already a way to put up a sign without needing approval. Regarding the ones affixed to buildings, it appears that there is currently no standard for ‘tasteful’ thus the need for approval.

Architects probably hate these kind of adulterations though, maybe as much as faux shutters.

cheap

i remember Oakland ave residents being anal about lame stuff like way back in the 70’s.

i never really considerred Oakland part of campus,but times change.

Anonymous
    Inactive

cheap said:
    i remember Oakland ave residents being anal

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Oakland Ave.!

melikecheese
    Participant

But would the signs be OK if they were hand painted with historic colors on matching wood??

Oak
    Participant

I’m a managing partner with some rentals in Athens at OU and the city there has enacted a pretty strict code on what cannot and can be used in the terms of singage to advertise rentals. Honestly I kind of welcomed the uniformity of the code and the equal enforcement across the city. Now that being said, Athens/OU isn’t nearly as big as OSU. Before the new code, there was a hodgepodge of signs in various colors, sizes and states of condition. Now it looks pretty nice. I’ve always had a property management company manage my stuff and they used standard realtor signs and I believe that has now become the city-wide standard. Do they get battered up, broken and sometimes stolen? Yep. That’s the cost of doing business in Athens. Just as buying the housing permits for each renter and having Code Enforcement walk every unit every year and making repairs to your units that they deem fit.
    Got to be honest, compared to OU, OSU landlords have it much easier.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: