Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hilliard White Castle closed..

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hilliard White Castle closed..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

pez
    Participant

White Castle is a tear down/rebuild.

geoyui
    Participant

pez said:
    White Castle is a tear down/rebuild.

And I guess it doesn’t surprise me as Wendy’s, Burger King, McDonald’s, & Taco Bell are all going thru facelifts right now.

FoodFort
    Participant

Walker said:
    I’ve heard good things about this place, but haven’t been personally:

http://www.olivetreecolumbus.com

The Olive Tree is exceptonal.

tourist19
    Participant

I have been spending time in Hilllard lately (stupid falling in love with someone who lives out there) and can attest that Olive Tree is by far the best food there. Starliner is also excellent. Louie’s Grill in no way compares and is only so so. We get sushi from Haruki East and it’s decent. Not the best in town, but decent. I would kill for a Thai place in Hillard. I have not yet tried the Roadhouse wings, as his friends like Lucky’s so that’s where we end up when wings and beer are needed.

geoyui
    Participant

Roadhouse does have pretty good wings, especially with their garlic sauce.

Slightly off topic, but why are there so many roads named after sporting apparel/shoe compies near Hillard Rome? Reebok Rd, Nike Dr, Adidas Ct, Asics Dr, Puma Place, Converse Ct, Saucony Dr, and Avia Dr.

buckeye54
    Participant

Olive tree and taj palace are both good places. In my experience louie’s has been very comparable to starliner diner which makes sense since the owner of louie’s used to be the head chef at starliner. Otie’s in old hilliard has decent bar food and is owned by jimmy v’s so they have gyro’s and more med. fare as well.

As far as the shoe company street names, I would have to guess that the developer of the subdivision ran out of names for streets so they just went down the list of shoe companies sort of like some older neighborhoods that I’ve seen that have states or colleges( harvard,oxford, cambridge,etc.) only this was the 80’s and everyone was on coke.

heresthecasey
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Slightly off topic, but why are there so many roads named after sporting apparel/shoe compies near Hillard Rome? Reebok Rd, Nike Dr, Adidas Ct, Asics Dr, Puma Place, Converse Ct, Saucony Dr, and Avia Dr.

Someone over there at least has a sense of humor because Nike Dr connects across Hillard-Rome to Venus St, Athena Dr, Atlas St, and Vulcan Ave.

GCrites80s
    Participant

buckeye54 said:

As far as the shoe company street names, I would have to guess that the developer of the subdivision ran out of names for streets so they just went down the list of shoe companies sort of like some older neighborhoods that I’ve seen that have states or colleges( harvard,oxford, cambridge,etc.) only this was the 80’s and everyone was on coke.

Oooh, oooh, I bet they were up doing coke real late and one of those Just For Feet ads that they showed late at night came on and BAM! inspiration.

buckeye54
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    Oooh, oooh, I bet they were up doing coke real late and one of those Just For Feet ads that they showed late at night came on and BAM! inspiration.

Oh yeah it definitely went down that way. Hilliard residents should consider themselves lucky that there currently isn’t a L.A. Gear drive or a British Knights court.

On a side note, I miss Just for Feet. Trying to get a pick up basketball game going in the Dick’s basketball hoop aisle is just not the same.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION