Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hilliard White Castle closed..

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hilliard White Castle closed..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

SamuraiJack
    Participant

They are not wasting any time either.. fence around the lot, signs are down today and the backhoe is in the parking lot. Thought I saw a ‘Financing provided by’ sign on the fence.. don’t know if they are rebuilding or something else is going in.

geoyui
    Participant

I hope this is a joke …

SamuraiJack
    Participant

If only…

billbix

That stinks that is often my go to place for grease. It wasn’t the best White Castle by far but it was the closest to my condo.

tdziemia
    Participant

My hunches about culture in Hilliard are confirmed…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

billbix said:
    It wasn’t the best White Castle by far…

Out of curiosity… which one is?

tdziemia
    Participant

On balance … I was in Starliner recently and it seems the timeline for closure keeps getting pushed out.

Any place else in Hilliard worth checking out?? For example, is there a decent Asian place? (Indian, Chinese, Thai?)

rus
    rus
    Participant

tdziemia said:
    On balance … I was in Starliner recently and it seems the timeline for closure keeps getting pushed out.

Any place else in Hilliard worth checking out?? For example, is there a decent Asian place? (Indian, Chinese, Thai?)

Define “decent”. The indian joint at mill run is popular with some, as is Joey Chang’s.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

tdziemia said:
    Any place else in Hilliard worth checking out?

I’ve heard good things about this place, but haven’t been personally:

http://www.olivetreecolumbus.com

SamuraiJack
    Participant

Olive tree is fantastic.. I haven’t had their brunch but their regular menu is great..

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    I’ve heard good things about this place, but haven’t been personally:

http://www.olivetreecolumbus.com

They are good mediterranean and are veggie friendly ( they’re no Mazah in that regard, but have an accommodating menu ).

Also, great kebabs.

billbix

Walker said:
    Out of curiosity… which one is?

I have been traveling a lot for work and the ones in Louisville, Kentucky are pretty nice for some reason. I guess they are more popular there. One of the cashiers told me they have 14 in town. Of course this is when comparing them to some batshit crazy crap I have seen at the SN one.

rus
    rus
    Participant

tdziemia said:

If you like Starliner, you’d like Louie’s Grill. Just don’t mention Starliner when when / if you’re there.

geoyui
    Participant

Agree with Olive Tree. Although I’ve had insanely slow service there.

There used to be an awesome Indian place called Venky’s next to Discount Drug Mart, but it’s been replaced by Spice House (I think) which I haven’t tried.

Taj Palace by Mill Run that Rus mentioned has a pretty decent lunch buffet. Joey Chang’s is Americanized Chinese food, nothing special. There’s some hibachi buffets and Japanese/california rollish places scattered around Hilliard, but nothing worth trying.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Roadhouse offers the best wings in town, IMO.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION