Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hilliard to Ohio cycling

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Hilliard to Ohio cycling

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

josephsites
    Participant

Does anyone know a safe way to go from hilliard (hilliard rome road kroger) to osu and park of roses, preferably a mix of trails or avoiding busy roads. Just moved to this area from Dominican Republic and Im mostly commuting in my bicycle which is a road bike.

Thank you so much!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I moved to the same area last year, that’s my Kroger. I’d guess that your best route is to tolerate traffic on Broad into downtown, then get on the bike trails there – ride to the confluence, crossing the Olentangy, then get onto the bottom of the Olentangy trail. Then it’s a safe and easy ride north, past OSU and through the Park of Roses, as far as Worthington if you like.

Keep an eye on the bike trail traffic, though. It can be a mix of fast riders and slow walkers, and many don’t keep track of what’s happening around them.

Edited to add, the dog walkers are probably the greatest hazard.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Check out this Hilltop connector trail, it takes you across the river and into Grandview and the Scioto trail.

https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-scioto-hilltop-connector-bike-bridge-opens-to-the-public

Things are happening fast with the trails around here and it’s hard to find current information. Here’s the MORPC map, the trails are in red. It’s a bit slow to load. It shows that Scioto trail going all the way up to Shawnee Hills but I’m pretty sure that isn’t all completed yet. Oh well, that’s the fun of scouting, ride it until it ends somewhere.

http://arcgiswebadp1.morpc.org/webmaps/bikeusermap/index.html

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: