Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hilliard Sunflower Debate

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Hilliard Sunflower Debate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 107 total)
  • Author

berdawn

man, no one makes snow vesus of willendorfs

melikecheese
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

melikecheese wrote >>
    If I owned this house, I would tell the city officials to f off. Same with almost every “HOA”.

I hope you try that…I’m sure you’d have a lot of success with that plan.

There is a difference between a place like German Village (historical designated landmark) and some random HOA. I grew up in a suburban housing development that had a “HOA”, it was a joke, my father told them to f-off with there little rules and “membership fees” and guess what, they sulked off and couldn’t do anything about it.

So yes, if I lived in this house I would just ignore them until they decided they had to pay someone to paint over my mural, and if they sent me a bill I would throw it away.

You would be amazed at the things you do not really have to do even if people tell you that you have to.

SamuraiJack
    Participant

And yet the craptastic run down old drive through on main just south of the downtown arch apparently doesn’t merit any concern because its looked that way for years…

Thankfully I live in columbus taxes, and Hilliard schools even though every fence in our neighborhood violates the 3′ fence deed restriction

kcrissinger

I just paid a visit to the mural site and it is very nice. It is tasteful and adds beauty to an area that has litle beautification happening. Jack, I hear you about the drive through thing. Hilliard has MUCH larger issues to tackle.

berdawn

melikecheese wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

melikecheese wrote >>
    If I owned this house, I would tell the city officials to f off. Same with almost every “HOA”.

I hope you try that…I’m sure you’d have a lot of success with that plan.

There is a difference between a place like German Village (historical designated landmark) and some random HOA. I grew up in a suburban housing development that had a “HOA”, it was a joke, my father told them to f-off with there little rules and “membership fees” and guess what, they sulked off and couldn’t do anything about it.
    So yes, if I lived in this house I would just ignore them until they decided they had to pay someone to paint over my mural, and if they sent me a bill I would throw it away.
    You would be amazed at the things you do not really have to do even if people tell you that you have to.

oh, yes, anarchy…it’s a delightful approach to living amongst others. it works out wonderfully and I’m sure your dad engendered many many positive relationships with the other members of the community in which he chose to live.

groundrules
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

South Side Wants Hilliard Mural Painter To Brighten Neighborhood
    Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Columbus neighborhood on Friday was reaching out to a woman who was fighting the city of Hilliard over a mural painted on the side of her garage.

Residents of the Ganthers Place neighborhood off of Parsons Avenue in south Columbus saw Daniel’s story and wanted to help.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/03/06/story-hilliard-mural-southside-residents-want.html?sid=102

kcrissinger

That’s great news!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The neighbors probably wouldn’t like garage door covers[/url].

Talcott

alexs wrote >>
    The neighbors probably wouldn’t like garage door covers[/url].

I want one! Not that I have a garage, but I’d find somewhere to put it.

And, given that my bedroom and studio windows face the ally, I wish that all of my neighbors would get them too (all different designs, of course).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Laugh-O-The-Day:

Hilliard Logo Features Flower That Sparked Controversy
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The city of Hilliard has a new logo, and the sunflower featured in the logo is not unlike the one that sparked controversy earlier this year.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2010/07/13/story-hilliard-sunflower-logo-controversy.html?sid=102

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

“Life imitates art”

artzymorena
    Participant

This just makes me sad/angry.

e8453b

We Love our new Mural In Ganthers Place. Thank you Kelly Daniels,
    United Way, and the City of Hilliard.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

e8453b wrote >>
    We Love our new Mural In Ganthers Place. Thank you Kelly Daniels,
    United Way, and the City of Hilliard.

Please post pics.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 107 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: