Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hilliard Sunflower Debate

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Hilliard Sunflower Debate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    And yeah, the Sunflower Lady knew going in. But where do we draw the line? Why should my choice in housing be determined by my acceptance of rules formulated by past residents years before my time?

well, yeah. that’s what has kept the home you’re choosing and the neighborhood around it stable, albeit potentially “boring”. If you want changes, you’d have to take a chance on not being able to convince enough of your neighbors once you live there to make changes.

Which is why I’m working to move out Suburbia ASAP. Give me a neighborhood full of sunflower ladies over a bunch of power hungry suburbanites.

berdawn

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    And yeah, the Sunflower Lady knew going in. But where do we draw the line? Why should my choice in housing be determined by my acceptance of rules formulated by past residents years before my time?

well, yeah. that’s what has kept the home you’re choosing and the neighborhood around it stable, albeit potentially “boring”. If you want changes, you’d have to take a chance on not being able to convince enough of your neighbors once you live there to make changes.

Which is why I’m working to move out Suburbia ASAP. Give me a neighborhood full of sunflower ladies over a bunch of power hungry suburbanites.

Weinland Park may be for you! (well…we’re not really over run with “sunflower ladies” but we’re about 180 degrees from Hilliard)

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

Weinland Park may be for you! (well…we’re not really over run with “sunflower ladies” but we’re about 180 degrees from Hilliard)

You’ll have to fight the westsiders off for me…

berdawn

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

You’ll have to fight the westsiders off for me…

westside? pffft, the westside’s density is shit AND we’ve got FOUR bus routes.
    <crosses arms, looks over glasses frames, makes “you want to fuck with me” faces>

lifeliberty
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

<crosses arms, looks over glasses frames, makes “you want to fuck with me” faces>

Seriously! Westside isn’t even in the city for crissakes!

JD3

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>

Well, if you own a house in suburbia and your neigbor paints a huge Confederate flag mural on their house and you subsequently can’t sell yours b/c the property value has dropped then don’t bitch.

agtw31

kcrissinger wrote >>

10sun wrote >>
    It is a fucking ugly mural prohibited by deed restrictions and established covenants which the property owner knew full and well before purchasing the property over 25 years ago.

She lives in Old Hilliard and I’m not sure that the Old Hilliard Commission even existed 25 years ago. It’s not like a new subdivision where these things are apparent up front. Based on a few of the properties I’ve seen in the “historic district”, this does not damage the property or other property values in any way.

some of those houses on Norwich are dumps,i know they bulldozed one down right by that Ameritech building.

kcrissinger

lifeliberty wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

What map you lookin’ at?

lifeliberty
    Participant

kcrissinger wrote >>

What map you lookin’ at?

;P

misskitty
    Participant

kcrissinger wrote >>

lifeliberty wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

What map you lookin’ at?

lolz Mayor Colemans ;)

kcrissinger

misskitty wrote >>

kcrissinger wrote >>

lifeliberty wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

What map you lookin’ at?

lolz Mayor Colemans ;)

Gotcha’. I missed the hidden meaning behind that one.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Ha! I’m in North Linden, I know exactly how you feel!

rus
    rus
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

cc wrote >>
    I once absentmindedly walked into Sams Club via the exit door. The greeter yelled at me saying :
    “You can’t go in the out door! What are you trying to do, rule the world?”

Was there also a note about the white zone is for loading and unloading only?

what if one gets lonely raising dental floss?

Perhaps one should look for a Catholic Girl?

berdawn

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

cc wrote >>
    I once absentmindedly walked into Sams Club via the exit door. The greeter yelled at me saying :

or a crew slut

rus
    rus
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

rus wrote >>

cc wrote >>

or a crew slut

Probably find those at joes garage…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION