Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hilliard Sunflower Debate

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Hilliard Sunflower Debate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
  • Author

kcrissinger

agtw31

Hilliard blows,but cop dogs ride in style.

misskitty
    Participant

It’s pretty and
    I think that the lady that complained sucks. If I was the painter I would use the “correct color Pallet” and paint a giant middle finger for that whiny ass to stare at. Although I am pretty sure the lady who complained might have bit off more than she can chew seeing how the Dispatch printed her name.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

When I lived out in Hilliard I got the distinct impression that there were more than a few residents who were suffering from either a bad case of rectal-cranial inversion or else just had a really big stick lodged in an uncomfortable position.

I was very happy when I moved away.

Twixlen
    Participant

I think the correct color palette would make a great art piece of a huge painted pile-o-poo on the side of her garage-barn-thing.

And yeah. Hilliard. Blech.

They do have a decent Kroger though – they have the State Liquor agency and a better bakery. Bastards.

kcrissinger

Rockmastermike wrote >>
    When I lived out in Hilliard I got the distinct impression that there were more than a few residents who were suffering from either a bad case of rectal-cranial inversion or else just had a really big stick lodged in an uncomfortable position.
    I was very happy when I moved away.

I lived there for about 8 years and feel the same way you do. I was very happy to leave it behind.

agtw31

if somebody did that to their house in GV or certain parts of short north,or some other “historic” hood,the same crap would happen.

kcrissinger

I did a little research. The woman that complained lives in/owns the bookstore house on Main St. She doesn’t even have a clear shot at the woman’s barn. What a hateful woman. Don’t use that bookstore.

Talcott

agtw31 wrote >>
    if somebody did that to their house in GV or certain parts of short north,or some other “historic” hood,the same crap would happen.

That’s actually a big part of why VV ends at 5th Ave. There was talk in the late 80s or early 90s of it expanding to King (and thus including Dennison Place) but that would have meant restrictions on house and yard color/design, so the Dennison Place board voted it down.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

This thread needs an obscure Vonnegut reference.

On the television screen were ballerinas.

A buzzer sounded in George’s head. His thoughts fled in panic, like bandits from a burglar alarm.
    “That was a real pretty dance, that dance they just did,” said Hazel.
    “Huh?” said George.
    “That dance – it was nice,” said Hazel.
    “Yup,” said George. He tried to think a little about the ballerinas. They weren’t really very good – no better than anybody else would have been, anyway. They were burdened with sashweights and bags of birdshot, and their faces were masked, so that no one, seeing a free and graceful gesture or a pretty face, would feel like something the cat drug in. George was toying with the vague notion that maybe dancers shouldn’t be handicapped. But he didn’t get very far with it before another noise in his ear radio scattered his thoughts.
    George winced. So did two out of the eight ballerinas.

KSquared

alexs wrote >>
    This thread needs an obscure Vonnegut reference.

On the television screen were ballerinas.
    A buzzer sounded in George’s head. His thoughts fled in panic, like bandits from a burglar alarm.
    “That was a real pretty dance, that dance they just did,” said Hazel.
    “Huh?” said George.
    “That dance – it was nice,” said Hazel.
    “Yup,” said George. He tried to think a little about the ballerinas. They weren’t really very good – no better than anybody else would have been, anyway. They were burdened with sashweights and bags of birdshot, and their faces were masked, so that no one, seeing a free and graceful gesture or a pretty face, would feel like something the cat drug in. George was toying with the vague notion that maybe dancers shouldn’t be handicapped. But he didn’t get very far with it before another noise in his ear radio scattered his thoughts.
    George winced. So did two out of the eight ballerinas.

+1
    My favorite short story.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Talcott wrote >>

agtw31 wrote >>

That’s actually a big part of why VV ends at 5th Ave. There was talk in the late 80s or early 90s of it expanding to King (and thus including Dennison Place) but that would have meant restrictions on house and yard color/design, so the Dennison Place board voted it down.

So VV also suffers from cranial-rectal inversion?

NEOBuckeye
    Participant

Kelley Daniel’s creativity is clearly lost on Hilliard, and probably would be in most suburbs where maintaining cookie-cutter conformity at any cost is all but the official town religion. There’s irony in the fact that Daniel’s most vocal opposition might very well be the most well-read person in town.

Daniel should come down to the Short North, the University District or Grandview. We’re always looking for more artists, artwork and creativity over here. ;-)

Roland
    Participant

rus wrote >>

Talcott wrote >>

agtw31 wrote >>

So VV also suffers from cranial-rectal inversion?

I’d say so. When I first bought my place here. It was a new build. Some pencil neck came over and asked to verify that my siding was made of wood and not vinyl. I also have a phony chimney on the roof.

Suppose I’m not complaining. I love the neighborhood and it’s appearance. I wanted to be there.

GW_Justice
    Participant

NEOBuckeye wrote >>
    Daniel should come down to the Short North, the University District or Grandview. We’re always looking for more artists, artwork and creativity over here. ;-)

Don’t add Grandview to that list so fast. If someone complained, the cranial-rectal inversion could happen here also.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: