Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hill-rome meijers outlot building... what is it?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hill-rome meijers outlot building… what is it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

SamuraiJack
    Participant

Does anyone know what is going in here? they painted part of the building yellow and it has deep red accents with a green archway over the drive through and the main door. Looks like it would be mexican of some sort, but it doesn’t match any configuration I’ve seen. It would seem thay have another tennant as well on the opposite end of the building, but it has your generic square corner entrance.

melikecheese
    Participant

I have been wondering as well, to me it looks less like a building made for a specific client, and more like a small strip mall with a colorful theme.

They are up to something, the one story hotel / motel between this and the Mcds was being torn down today, it appears they tore them down with everything in the rooms, based on the large pile of ripe up mattresses.

tolemac5050
    Participant

2 of the tenants will be 5 Guys Burgers and a Panera with a drive up…not sure of the other tenants

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

I had heard it was going to be an Olive Garden. That was probably wrong, but it would seem to fit with the rest of the area.

tolemac5050
    Participant

I have also heard that they may build an Olive Garden somewhere nearby…really does not matter since I would never set foot inside

tolemac5050
    Participant

Just checked with Olive Garden, none being built in the Hilliard area

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Why are you checking with a restaurant you just said you’d never step foot inside?

tolemac5050
    Participant

because I wanted to find out about the rumor of one being built in the area…this is a rumor that has been floating around, and put the rumor to rest, thanks for asking!

misskitty
    Participant

It’s a mini Strip mall Within a strip mall.
    Building Plans here
    But I have no idea what will fill it. We know for sure one of the places will be fast food of some type.

LATFJoss

I found out a couple months ago that Olive Garden was outbid on one of the properties, so those properties are going to be a Panera and an IHOP. I have been super dupes excited for this :3

misskitty
    Participant

If it’s going to be an IHop then I too am super stoked !

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

anytime i see a yellow, green and red building i too automatically assume its some sort of Mexican…..

misskitty wrote >>
    If it’s going to be an IHop then I too am super stoked !

Me too. I was wondering where the far west side IHOP would be located. After the one in Reynoldsburg opened, I assumed that there would be one and that it would be placed in the Hilliard-Rome/I-70 area. I assume that they are also looking at Polaris and Grove City for additional locations.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Shame to lose an what appaers to be an old Knight’s Inn to the wrecking ball. Remember when they had that wallpaper with the Medieval castles and whatnot during the Medieval craze of the late ’70s and ’80s? They shipped in the motels on semis. There’s apartments in Groveport and Ashville that are made just like Knight’s Inns.

tolemac5050
    Participant

5 guys…panera…IHOP…guess more reason to hit the gym more often

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION