Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Highball Halloween - Sat, Oct 30, 2010

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Highball Halloween – Sat, Oct 30, 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Diesha

Nitsud Regnifloh wrote >>
    will the lay-out of the event differ from last year? gawd, i hope so. the stage bottle-necked the crowd somethin’ horrible leaving people either stranded on one side of the stage or the other with no way to fight through the crowd to find your friends.
    Diesha, did you go to BGSU? Not a common name and if my long lost memory serves me right, there was a “Diesha” there…hmmm

The runway this year is 60 ft. long running north and south & there will be a 50 ft projection of the runway on the side of the Fireproof Records wall so everyone will be able to see the show from everywhere in the closure!!!

And Yes, I did go to BG! GOOOOOO FALCONS :)

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

ay ziggy zoomba zoomba zey. haha

Diesha

The HighBall planning committee and sponsors had a blast this morning on the WTTE Fox 28 Good Day Columbus with Johnny DiLoretto! Watch the video…
    http://www.myfox28columbus.com

Diesha

CALL FOR HIGHBALL HALLOWEEN VOLUNTEERS!

Join us a be a part of it all – Saturday, October 30

We are looking to fill shifts:
    6pm – 10pm
    9pm – 1am

1. Barricade monitors: Stand by entry and exit points. Collect $5 Admission. Insure that people do not enter or leave with open containers of alcohol.

2. Drink ticket sales: Take money, check ID and provide a bracelet. If a person is underage they can purchase tickets for soft drinks but are not to be issued a bracelet.

If interested please visit http://www.highballhalloween.com/?page_id=18 or call the SNBA at 614-299-8050.

See you next Saturday :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

HighBall Halloween Masquerade – Ride COTA and Admission is Free

Going to HighBall Halloween Masquerade on High Oct. 30? If so, COTA has a hair-raising deal for you! Ride COTA to HighBall and your admission is free. You can also park at the Nationwide Parking Garage on Front Street for $3 and take COTA to the event. Day Passes purchased for $4 on the day of event are good for free entry at the door. These passes can be purchased on the bus or at the Nationwide Parking Garage on Front Street. Ride COTA lines 2, 5, 7, 8 or 21 to the event, but don’t get left at the ball, most lines end at midnight but the 21 Night Owl runs until 3 a.m.

MORE HERE: http://www.cota.com/COTA-Deals.aspx

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

More via Press Release:
    COTA Bus Pass = Free Admission to HighBall

COTA has partnered with the Short North Business Association so you can ride COTA to the HighBall Halloween Masquerade and enter for free!

COTA Day Passes, which are $4, purchased on the day of the event, Saturday, Oct. 30, are good for free entry to HighBall, which lasts 3 p.m.-12 a.m. Plus, the Day Pass is good for unlimited trips all day and night. Regular admission is $5.

Parking in the Arena District Parking Garage at Front Street and Nationwide Boulevard is available for $3—then jump on the bus to the Short North. Ride COTA lines 2, 5, 7, 8 or 21 to the event.

Most lines end at midnight but the 21 Night Owl runs until 3 a.m.

The following streets will be closed from 6 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, to 6 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 31:

· High Street between Fifth Avenue and First Avenue

· Starr Avenue between High Street and Wall Street

· Second Avenue between High Street and Pearl Street

· Third Avenue from west of High Street to Pearl Street

Expect temporary reroutes and slight delays.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

HighBall becomes Columbus’ top Halloween party
    BY JOHN BENSON
    OCTOBER 28, 2010

As part of the visionary team that conceived the highly-popular annual Halloween HighBall event, former Short North Business Association Director John Angelo is the perfect person to offer perspective on this over-the-top affair. This year’s festive party takes place Saturday, Oct. 30 in Columbus’ Short North Arts District (on High Street between 2nd and 4th Avenues).

READ MORE: http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/article/20101028/NEWS01/101028002

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Highball Halloween still needs volunteers! It’s a great time and there’s a great swag bag. Sign up here: http://www.highballhalloween.com/?page_id=18

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So… roll call… who from CU will be out at Highball tomorrow night? :D

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

/Raise hand

I’ll be bouncing back and forth between the highball and a little party we are having at my friends place behind the rossi.

Talcott

I’m pretty sure I’ll be there.
    I still have to figure out how to make a paper mask that I can wear over my glasses and still see through well enough.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Mishelle and I will be there but still unsure as to what we’ll be…

Diesha

Porky wrote >>
    Mishelle and I will be there but still unsure as to what we’ll be…

I really like your Super Man costume!
    I’m hoping to see some amazing Avatars

kathyhoke

I’m volunteering, then totally people watching. Did same last year. Swag bag is a bonus.

sdbuck1
    sdbuck1
    Participant

I will be there…after the Buckeye game of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: