Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Highball Halloween 2014

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Highball Halloween 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

change of plans, Going Saturday night not tonight.

looks to be one of the warmer temp highballs

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

FINALLY!

Last year was COLD!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>vestanpance wrote:</div>

FINALLY!

Last year was COLD!

I know! See you there.

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

The one year I decide to make a warm costume!

Chrysee
    Participant

We’re going tonight. But only because we have a house party tomorrow night (which is in Victorian Village so we may end up at Highball anyway). I like the chilly weather, especially with all the warm drinks available.

Schoolboy
    Participant

Seems to be the norm every time we have a festival of some sort in the city.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/10/24/columbus-ohio-dui-checkpoints-planned-for-northwest-columbus.html

FunkBrothers
    Participant

Going there tomorrow night. Big thanks to OUAB for having out free tickets to Highball for grad/professional students.

Coy
    Participant

Big thanks to OUAB for having out free tickets to Highball for grad/professional students.

And the Council of Graduate Students!

News
    Participant

Photos: Highball Halloween 2014
    October 25, 2014 11:34 am – Matt Ellis

Highball Halloween returns this weekend to unseasonably (yet welcome) warm temperatures. The party kicked off on High Street next to the Convention Center last night with an 80s-centric theme featuring costumes, contests, drag shows and live music from favorite local bands including The Wet Darlings, MojoFlo and Lydia Loveless.

MORE PHOTOS: http://www.columbusunderground.com/photos-highball-halloween-2014-me1

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Had a blast last night. The fabulous Johnson brothers never fail to steal the show.

FunkBrothers
    Participant

Great crowd last night for the Fashion Show. I was disappointed that could not find anyone dressed up as Ebolachan for Highball though I did see people dressed up in Biohazard Suits from the CDC.

News
    Participant

Photos: Highball Halloween 2014 – Part 2
    October 26, 2014 4:02 pm – Matt Ellis

Did you catch the giant walking camera roaming around during Saturday night at Highball? An over-sized cardboard box masquerading as a fully functional Nikon camera?

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/photos-highball-halloween-2014-part-2-me1

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

We had a great time Saturday night… and I think most others were also. The walk home from High street to Harrison West had a way more than average number of stumblers/merry revelers/hammered punters roaming around than a typical Saturday night. I’m wondering how many/if any slept under a tree in the park.

Great night and for sure one of the best nights out in Columbus each year.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, lots of fun as always, and absolutely wonderful to have 60-degree temperatures instead of the upper-20s of last year. ;)

Also very proud to see this event happening at the same time as an OSU game and still have a big crowd in attendance!

Chrysee
    Participant

We did Friday and didn’t end up making it down Saturday. I thought Friday would have a smaller crowd but it was pretty packed and comparable to what I’ve seen in past years on Saturday evening.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: