Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Highball Halloween - Sat October 27, 2012

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Highball Halloween – Sat October 27, 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Coreroc

I hear some really good buzz about the influence of ColumbUS200 on this years event. I have some big ideas that I hope to execute this year. Stoked top watch it all develop!!

JenG

Hooray, Highball news! Any word on the costume themes yet? My group and I are anxiously awaiting the categories.

buckette13

Will be much easier to find parking and I really like that it is on a Saturday. Sunday was a bad evening to have it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

buckette13 said:
    Sunday was a bad evening to have it.

Highball has always fallen on a Friday or Saturday.

msolinger

I hope they announce the theme and costume contests soon. So many people start working on their costumes in September and earlier! :)

JenG

Whoa, I was just checking out the location on Google maps and I’m pretty bummed out. One of the things I love to do at the Highball is go in and out of bars to warm up. There is almost nothing along this stretch of Convention Center. Seriously, guys, this is the best event Columbus has all year. Why try and kill it? The VERY few bars along this stretch are going to be capacity-packed all night and I don’t see people staying with the event all night.

buckette13

The Arena District and stand up places like Barley’s are a stones throw.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, I don’t see much of a problem in that location. Previously locations have always had 3-5 bars located “inside” the Highball area and a dozen more within a block or two outside it.

That seems to be the same for this year’s location as well.

Coy
    Participant

Why on Earth would you want to go into a bar during Highball?
    Spiked hot cider, y’all!

joev
    Participant

DR said:
    Hilton website says they are taking reservations for Nov. 17th and beyond. I think they have too much to do for an Oct. 17th opening. Either way….Highball is going to be cool down that way.

It’s definitely mid-October. They’re starting strong with group business.

JenG

Because I have absolutely no tolerance for cold and my costume is never practical. Someday I’ll decide to be something round and furry. Yeah, I love the spiked cider, but it’s not warm enough.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

JenG said:

Because I have absolutely no tolerance for cold and my costume is never practical. Someday I’ll decide to be something round and furry. Yeah, I love the spiked cider, but it’s not warm enough.

That just means you need more cider

catnfiddle
    Participant

My favorite Highball memory thus far is sitting in a bar by the window, sipping a cocktail and watching the madness pass by.

Timeone

Highball’s facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/HighBallHalloween

misskitty
    Participant

The Hilton Hotel will be open as well, so anyone who wants to party and crash in a hotel room won’t have far to stumble. ;)

Are you sure about this? I tried to get a room and was told that
    This hotel is presently accepting reservations for arrival October 28, 2012 and beyond. Which is the day after Highball :(

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: