Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Highball Halloween - Sat October 27, 2012

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Highball Halloween – Sat October 27, 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Highball Halloween

Saturday, October 27th, 2012

5pm to 1am

On High Street between Goodale and Nationwide!

http://www.highballhalloween.com

Highball 2009

Anonymous
    Inactive

Should be good for businesses in that area. I already suggested that we put extra porta-potties out back. Why the move?

Twixlen
    Participant

0Angle said:
    Should be good for businesses in that area. I already suggested that we put extra porta-potties out back. Why the move?

* Bath Salts?

* Or maybe the impact to retailers is actually negative (minus those that serve food/booze), and this minimizes that impact?

* It’s slowly sneaking downtown? Next year, it’ll be at the Commons.

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

I am a little sad it’s not on the north side of the SN, I assume it’s due to the sale of the 5th and High ‘Out of the Closet’ space

melikecheese
    Participant

Woot, glad its back on Saturday night!

dru
    Participant

it hasn’t been in the same site yet (it started down at High/Warren and slowly crept north). it’s probably good to move it around to spread both the benefit and/or detriment it brings to local residents and retailers.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

0Angle said:
    Why the move?

It’s been moving every single year.

The organizers like hopping it around the district (and this year right outside the district) to spread both the benefits and burdens it puts on different types of businesses.

Edit: Dru beat me to it, almost word for word! ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Overall, I think this location is going to be a pretty great one. The stage will be at High & Vine up against the convention center, which will help with logistics for the fashion show. There’s ample parking surrounding this area. And plenty of great opportunities to interact with area businesses both on High Street (Barley’s, Knead, Deepwood) and others nearby (all of Park Street, Arena District, etc).

The Hilton Hotel will be open as well, so anyone who wants to party and crash in a hotel room won’t have far to stumble. ;)

bucki12

melikecheese said:
    Woot, glad its back on Saturday night!

OSU is away at Penn St…

peter
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    OSU is away at Penn St…

Good.

DR
    Participant

Ohhhh…. perfect new location! Although the first year I think was the best location so far. Anyone know the opening date of the new Hilton? For some reason I thought it was December 3rd.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

DR said:
    Anyone know the opening date of the new Hilton? For some reason I thought it was December 3rd.

I heard October 17th. But haven’t confirmed it with anyone at Hilton.

DR
    Participant

Hilton website says they are taking reservations for Nov. 17th and beyond. I think they have too much to do for an Oct. 17th opening. Either way….Highball is going to be cool down that way.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

dru
    Participant

Walker said:

Phew, there’s a photo credit. as well as being the right thing to do, this should save at least 10-12 pages of comments in this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: