Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

high quality used baby stuff?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping high quality used baby stuff?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

LLK

Can anyone recommend stores or other sources for finding high quality used baby stuff (esp. strollers) in the Columbus area?

Patch
    Participant

I have to tell you, my wife and I have done very well buying baby stuff off of craigslist.

I would check there first.

groundrules
    Participant

There’s a reseller on W. 5th avenue in grandview/marble cliff that looks decent.

http://www.tradertots.com/

tourist19
    Participant

I have found wonderful clothes at Once Upon a Child. The second hand place on 5th in Grandview is very very nice as well, but pricier. You will have to comb through the offerings at Once Upon a Child, but there are excellent items there. My friend bought a crib there and they usually have a selection of strollers. She has found her best strollers on Craig’s List though, also car seats on Craig’s List. Barely used, very high quality. It can be hard to find good stuff used.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

It is not recommended to buy used car seats. SOURCE.

It is hard to know if they have been involved in any kind of crash, or have any recalls.

manticore33
    Participant

+1 on Craigslist. We only bought one stroller new, the rest we purchased used. This including a couple of Peg Perego, a jogging stroller, and finally a Maclaren. The Maclaren is side-by-side (normally $350+) we picked up for $50 and love it. And, with snacks, juice, and kid goobers, no stroller will look super clean and new for very long. :)

In regards to car seats, I recommend buying only new. Most seats have an expiration date of 5-6 years from date of manufacture. Plus, the potential for unknown history (accidents as Anne mentioned) makes me avoid them. You can find some really good deals online for new Britax and Recaro seats.

DonnaTate

There is a huge consignment sale held every year around this time for everything from maternity clothes to childrens clothes and toys.
    Threebagsfull.info is their website. I believe there are 3 or 4 dates March through May where they’ll be in various Columbus locations.
    We gave all our baby stuff to my cousin, so we’re starting over. I plan to attend the sale in May after we find out the gender of the baby :)

+1 to what Anne said, it’s never good to buy a used carseat. There’s just no way to tell if it’s been involved in an accident.
    Happy shopping!

DonnaTate

I forgot to include this in my initial response, but I believe Gilt is having a sale on Britax strollers right now. I check out their childrens sales every so often. There are quite a few online sites like totsy that offer good deals, but you never really know what’s going to be on sale and when.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: