Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Heroin Is Marion's Economy

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Heroin Is Marion's Economy

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Marion Police Making Twice As Many Drug Arrests As Last Year
    Monday March 4, 2013 4:48 PM

MARION, Ohio – Marion Police said they have arrested four men who are major drug traffickers in the region even though most of them do not live in the area. Investigators said that the latest was Herman Crump, who was picked up on Friday night after getting off a bus from Detroit.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/03/04/marion-drug-arrests-up-this-year.html

News
    Participant

19 Indicted In Latest Marion Drug Sweep
    February 20, 2014
    by WOSU News Staff/Associated Press

Federal authorities say 19 people have been indicted in an alleged conspiracy to traffic large amounts of heroin, crack cocaine and prescription pills into the city of Marion.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2014/02/20/19-indicted-in-latest-marion-drug-sweep/

Geno99
    Participant

I know someone in law enforcement who was telling me that there has been a trend of all of these interstate drug distributors who were starting to set up in towns with small, unsophisticated law enforcement forces. They’re usually located at strategic places between cities. Marion is between Detroit and Columbus. Sandusky was another one, being a node between Cleveland, Detroit and to some extent Columbus. Perhaps they actually read the news about austerity programs and government cutbacks in these places?

Schoolboy
    Participant

Geno99 said:
    I know someone in law enforcement who was telling me that there has been a trend of all of these interstate drug distributors who were starting to set up in towns with small, unsophisticated law enforcement forces. They’re usually located at strategic places between cities. Marion is between Detroit and Columbus. Sandusky was another one, being a node between Cleveland, Detroit and to some extent Columbus. Perhaps they actually read the news about austerity programs and government cutbacks in these places?

Having lived in places similiar to Marion, this is not a new trend at all, especially in Ohio. You name the small sized city, and it has the same things going on as Marion. Zanesville, Coshocton, Youngstown, Newark, etc… They recently wiped out a fairly large herion ring that was setup in Coshocton around 6 months ago as well.

I think what is new, is the volume in which it is being pushed through these places now. Not to mention the demand is growing in these places as well. Partially in my opinion due to these area’s having such a crippled economy.

News
    Participant

11 Arrested In Connection To Marion Heroin Epidemic
    By Bryant Somerville
    Thursday May 28, 2015 10:52 PM

MARION, Ohio – A string of heroin overdoses in Marion has the city’s leaders defending their home. “This is not who we are,” Marion Mayor Scott Schertzer said. “This is not Marion.” Mayor Schertzer says his city is all alone.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/05/28/marion-ohio-11-arrested-in-connection-to-marion-heroin-epidemic.html

News
    Participant

1 Kilo Of Heroin Seized, Alleged ‘King Pin’ Arrested In Marion Bust
    By 10TV Web Staff
    Wednesday June 10, 2015 11:57 AM

MARION, Ohio – Federal, state and local law enforcement agencies have captured roughly one kilo of heroin and have arrested the so-called king pin in connection with a recent spike in overdose deaths. Wednesday’s seizure comes after police executed search warrants at three Marion homes, where nearly 1 Kilo of “blue drop” heroin and more than $50,000 was located.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/06/10/marion-ohio-marion-police-seize-1-kilo-of-heroin-linked-to-overdose-spike.html

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Semi-related. Saw this on another messageboard, but not being discussed here. The Columbus area was on ’60 Minutes’ last night.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heroin-in-the-heartland-60-minutes/

Focuses on the heroin epidemic in the suburbs and small towns. Interviews with an addict from Worthington and some local parents from Pickerington, among others.

Kilgore Trout
    Kilgore Trout
    Participant

I just watched a ‘Parts Unknown’ episode from last year. Bourdain was in Massachusetts and there was a segment on heroin. It went into the history of prescription pain meds that were over-prescribed and billed as non-addictive -like oxycontin. Then they started regulating the prescriptions more, but folks were already hooked and needed their fix. Hello Heroin!

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

Good thing DeWine shut down all those pill mills. It sounds like he’s really boosted the Heroin jobs. XD

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: