Our City Online

Messageboard - Live Music Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Heritage Concert Series 2010 Mayme Moore Park

Home Forums Events Live Music Events Heritage Concert Series 2010 Mayme Moore Park

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

The 12th Annual Heritage Concert Series – Kickoff is with Mojoflo!

Thursday, July 08, 2010 – Thursday, August 26, 2010

6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. at Mayme Moore Park 867 Mt. Vernon Avenue

Join the King Arts Complex, every Thursday beginning July 8th thru August 26th, for The 12th Annual Heritage Concert Series. Once known as the “Cradle of Jazz,” the Mount Vernon corridor will perform with various musical genres, including jazz, classic R&B, and Blues! Enjoy performances by an all-star line-up of some of Central Ohio’s hottest musicians. Bring a blanket or lawn chair, and relax in the beautiful, breezy ambiance of Mayme Moore Park. A Food Court along with reserved tables at the Patio will be available.

The Ohio State University joins the King Arts Complex in “Kicking Off” the 12th Annual Heritage Concert Series along with Mojoflo

Admission is FREE

Thu, Jul 15, 2010 – Thu, Aug 26, 2010

6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. at Mayme Moore Park 867 Mt. Vernon Avenue

Featured entertainment fo/mo/deep

Thu, Jul 22, 2010 – Thu, Aug 26, 2010

Featured entertainment Sabrina Tutstone & NexLevel

Thu, Jul 29, 2010 – Thu, Aug 26, 2010

Featured entertainment Inspirational & R/B Soul with National Recording artist Shirley Murdock

Thu, Aug 5, 2010 – Thu, Aug 26, 2010

Featured entertainment Urban Jazz Coalition

Thu, Aug 12, 2010 – Thu, Aug 26, 2010

Featured entertainment Dean Simms & The Funky Gurus

More Info

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anne wrote >>
    The 12th Annual Heritage Concert Series – Kickoff is with Mojoflo!
    Thursday, July 08, 2010 – Thursday, August 26, 2010
    6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. at Mayme Moore Park 867 Mt. Vernon Avenue

Nice! Hope to see some CU’ers in the neighborhood for this. I know there are some Mojoflo fans around here, and I think Mayme Moore is an overlooked venue for live outdoor music. Can’t beat FREE, either. ;)

Anyone planning on coming out to this on Thursday?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bump!

Tonight!

Thu, Jul 15, 2010
    6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
    Mayme Moore Park
    867 Mt. Vernon Avenue

Featured entertainment: fo/mo/deep

patient_zero
    Participant

Any idea what the food court entails?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not sure. Probably a few food trucks/carts?

patient_zero
    Participant

Great show tonight at Mayme Moore Park. The band fo/mo/deep soothed the crowd near the King Arts Complex, and several vendors offered tasty options to pacify the belly, much to my delight.

The cornmeal dusted, deep fried catfish sold out of the red truck on Mount Vernon Avenue was amazing. It was simply served with wheat bread slices (Ray Johnson Fish Market style), a few toppings and hot sauce. Oh, an a Cheryl Cookie. $6

Roasted Ohio corn from the Obetz Area (Michael’s Farms) was served by the City BBQ team, who also cater Huntington Park events. $2

Lemon Shakeup = delicious and refreshing $3 small/ $5 large

Sweetie Pies sweet potato pie – some of the best sweet potato pie I’ve ever tasted. Worth the trip just for the pie $3

Great series in the KLD, something I will seek out in the weeks to come. If you would like to have some libations at the Series, there is a small patio off of the King Arts Complex designated VIP where you can purchase and consume alcohol. I’ll do this next time, when I’ll have more cash on hand. Definitely bring your cash if you plan to visit, as this is a cash only Series.

Mayor Mike was visiting the crowd tonight, slapping backs and pumping hands. It was good to see him having a good time.

Here’s a few pics:

Church group food truck

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice photos! I didn’t get to make it over last night, but walked over to the corner near our house to watch the crowd. It looked like a packed house! This photo of yours captures that pretty well:

patient_zero
    Participant

Thanks! I didn’t know you lived so close to the park. It’s really nice over there, and underrated as an outdoor festival location. There are plenty of shade trees and the potential use of the King Arts Complex makes it an even better option.

Maybe we’ll run into each other in the near future. Food is great around there.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We’re essentially at the corner of Hamilton & MLK/Spring, a block SW of the park. Agree that it’s underrated. Smaller than Goodale or Schiller, but quite nice for the neighborhood. :)

patient_zero
    Participant

Inspirational & R/B Soul with National Recording artist Shirley Murdock tonight.

Gotta work, though.

lilbit
    Participant

Is this going to be gospel-y music? Does anyone know? I’m not familiar with Shirley or the band.

patient_zero
    Participant

Thursday, August 19th 6:30pm at Mayme Moore Park

Carpe Diem String Quartet based at Ohio Wesleyan University will be the musical entertainment, the second from the last performance of the year.

http://www.carpediemstringquartet.com/about/about.shtml

Just two more weeks to get some great food as well, like fried catfish and Sweetie Pie sweet potato pie.

Gene Walker closes the series next week!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Live Music Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: