Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Help me understand the hate for Mayor Coleman

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Help me understand the hate for Mayor Coleman

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 97 total)
  • Author

ratzo

I lived under two terms of Rudy Giuliani.

You don’t know how good you have it.

adrock

he’s always just seemed to have his head in the clouds to me. he focuses way too much on downtown when that is a very, very small part of the city of columbus. it’s very important obviously, but other areas of columbus are in need of way more help and he ignores them. his scare tactics right now with police/fire are downright unethical and cowardly. the whole city center deal. his dumbass wife. he’s basically a great politician, which doesn’t say much for him as a person.

ETA: oh and the fact that coleman had absolutely no idea about the grandview yard project until after the property had been on the market, after multiple companies showed interest for development (which took place for years), after it was purchased, after development plans were released, and after demolition started…then mikey pokes his head out of his downtown turtle shell and wants to know what’s up. on top of that, he acts like obama is his bff and threatens to blacklist grandview if they don’t pay him off. no wonder columbus can’t be competitive with the suburbs in getting corporations. they don’t pay attention to anything.

“The Yard did not fall out of the sky”

lightening

Let’s see He has been in the pocket of the developers since he started, he manages a slush fund to determine who gets elected to City council, in using the resources of the City of Columbus to increase the value of property outside of Columbus he has used money that should have been used to develop Columbus, He battled against the Sierra Club’s suit regarding the mixing of storm runoff and sanitary sewer, until the City lost, and then he appointed the attorney who represented the city in that lawsuit to be the new environmental steward, and then he started posing as being a “green” politician.

He has leveraged positive affirmative action for minorities which is the law into political clout for himself. He killed a regulation that would have controlled use of areas bordering the local waterways to prevent erosion. He and his city council gave away the former Ohio Penitentiary site, now the Nationwide arena, to Nationwide with a 99 yeear tax abatement, which severely cut into the support that site would have provided to the Columbus City School District on the promise of jobs which turned out to be seasonal and low paying.Now that the Blue Jacket and within that sock puppet Nationwide is asking for the City to buy out the Arena because it has been a failure economically despite all of the giveaways, and we are all plunged into economic cold water in whose interests will he and his city council act.

His wife was hired to hold a high paying job within the city for doing exactly nothing until that was exposed. BTW Nationwide was one the primary interests preventing the transition mandated by the Ohio Supreme Court to not have public schools funded by local property taxes. In the case of the Arena that had absolutely playing the process both ways. He also used skillfully the PC liberal vote and stitch together the pretense of a progressive government without the substance, but it doesn’t bother them because their needs still get top priority.

Coleman and his City Council have been diverting the funding levies required of cable companies by the municipal cable licensing to support community non-profit TV. This money was used to support services elsewhere under his administration. Also remember here that the City Council has been giving away tax credits and tax abtements for years to any corporate interest connected to a strategic campaign contribution and shows up their hand extended spouting BS about brining jobs to Columbus.

Now that this strategy has reversed upon itself, and the shortage of taxes being paid is becoming a big problem, how abount rescinding all of those tax credits and abatements for what they are, parasites bleeding our city to death. It may be worse in other cities and under other mayors, and here in the heart of corporate Ohio, the label may read “Democrat” the man may look like a minority, but his interests are strictly his own and the contents are just the same. 90 % of the above is without real merit of knowledge of what Coleman inc has done beyond the photo-opportunities..

Tenzo
    Participant

As a person from Chicago:

Rod says; this guy ain’t F-ing nuttin’

Gig3000

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/01/08/coleman-keys-on-youths-housing.html

Article shows how hands on Mayor Coleman is…. i think i am getting the hang of this website

pilsner
    Participant

Mayor Coleman is a puppet of the Wolfes, Nationwide and central Ohio developers.

No sir, dont’ like him.

pilsner
    Participant

He’s been corrupted by legalized bribes (campaign contributions).

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

pilsner said:
    Mayor Coleman is a puppet of the Wolfes, Nationwide and central Ohio developers.

No sir, dont’ like him.

In all fairness, can you name a single elected official currently serving in the entire United States you do like?

pilsner
    Participant

Senator Bernie Sanders, Rep Peter DeFazio of Oregon, Dennis Kucinich, Ron Paul, Rep Barbara Lee (only Congressperson to vote against Afganistan War), and Governor Brian Schwietzer of Montana come to mind.

But there arn’t many. The political system is corrupt becuz money dominates politics. I think the main reason it is so corrupt is becuz of Supreme Court rulings that money=free speech and corporations=people which strikes down campaign finance laws (such as McCain-Feingold.

No president or governor has ever supported bills that money=free speech and corporations=people. The corruption has all come from insane Supreme Court rulings.

pilsner
    Participant

I’m registering as a Republican *gasp* to vote for Ron Paul in the primary. It would be great for some of Ron Paul’s ideas to get the big stage in the General Election.

Restoring the Bill of Rights, end the Empire/wars, end the drug war, hold a real investigation of 9-11, pardon Bradley Manning sound pretty good to me about now.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

pilsner said:
    I’m registering as a Republican *gasp* to vote for Ron Paul in the primary. It would be great for some of Ron Paul’s ideas to get the big stage in the General Election.

Restoring the Bill of Rights, end the Empire/wars, end the drug war, hold a real investigation of 9-11, pardon Bradley Manning sound pretty good to me about now.

And this is why Ron Paul has zero chance to win the nomination.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Yes, lets obsess over 9/11 to move the country forward.

pilsner
    Participant

Flushing our Bill of Rights, torturing, invading countries in the name of 9-11 sure isn’t moving the country forward.

Dems and Repubs have declared the whole world (including der Homeland) as part of the battlefield and the war will go on indefinately.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

pilsner said:

No sir, dont’ like him.

pez
    Participant

pilsner said:

Since I doubt you actually support the principles of the Republican Party, signing said affidavid would be election falsification. Always a good idea to publicly post your intentions to commit a felony.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 97 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.