Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Help me pick the perfect venue please!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Help me pick the perfect venue please!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

solarae120
    Participant

I need to find the perfect bar (or ideally… restaurant with a large bar) for a gathering of friends to celebrate a graduation.

Ideally it would be like the Grandview Cafe (so you have an image), except not, because we’ve all been there way too many times. But something that’s spacious so my friends can come & go easily, something that has easy parking (so probably not the short north), and not too fancy & expensive.

BUT I want to go somewhere new, fun & trendy!! Hence why I don’t want to go to the same old place…

Help! I’ve been reading reviews for 2 weeks now and I just can’t find the perfect place. I am planning this from out of town, so I just don’t know which places actually have spacious bar areas in them. The party is from 7:30-9:30 on a sat night, if that helps.

thank you in advance!!!!!!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

The Boat House at Confluence Park is a really nice spot to host events like rehearsals & reunions.

During the warmer months the outside area/patio is really relaxed and quite scenic. The large private parking lot is another big bonus.

http://www.boathouserestaurantoh.com/home

Matt Boyd
    Participant

+1 on The Boat House (especially the patio) being a cool space…although I would not necessarily call it “trendy”. Definitely a nice spot to hang out and have drinks when it’s good weather.

solarae120
    Participant

HMM interesting, I’m surprised I’ve never heard of it. Thank you! I’ll be putting this in my pile of options, for sure!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Finding something “new” and “trendy” outside of the Short North with a large bar area pretty much cancels each other out.

edg126
    edg126
    Participant

Westies might work.

http://www.westiesgastropub.com

solarae120
    Participant

Okay okay, let’s consider the short north.

I was thinking Curio – but is it going to be too crowded at 7:30-9:30 with everyone waiting for a table at Harvest?

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Curio is way too small for a reunion party.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Good call on Westies.

solarae120
    Participant

Okay I like Westies but the vibe isn’t as fresh as I was hoping for. I like the Bodega vibe.

See, I’m difficult.

Like, someone make Westies and Bodega have a baby.

Like if CREST would take reservations. But they don’t.

solarae120
    Participant

What about Matt’ the Miller’s tavern in Grandview?

bayrea
    Participant

Applebees on Stringtown Rd?

dru
    Participant

if you like the Bodega vibe, why not the back room of Seventh Son Brewing.
    also The Table has a private room downstairs (may be too fancy)
    or if it is just drinks at an earlier hour, Brothers Drake

Mister Shifter
    Participant

if you like the Bodega vibe, why not the back room of Seventh Son Brewing.<br>
    also The Table has a private room downstairs (may be too fancy)<br>
    or if it is just drinks at an earlier hour, Brothers Drake

Good call.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Strongwater?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE