Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Hellas Kitchen opening at old Cowtown Pizza location

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Hellas Kitchen opening at old Cowtown Pizza location

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

futureman
    Participant

Anyone know anything about the Hellas Kitchen opening up at Cowtowns old location on 3rd and NW next to the Boulevard Carryout?

derm
    derm
    Participant

Saw it as well, have not been there. Keeping an eye out for cheap but good gyros.

karenS

The same Hellas that’s way up in the middle of nowhere like Powell or whatever?

catnfiddle
    Participant

The sign is up but the storefront is still empty. Sigh.

GViewProgrammer
    Participant

Talked to the guy that works at the Carryout said it was a greek place, maybe they will get some of the cowtown mojo and be freakin awesome.

futureman
    Participant

I believe I got the name wrong, its Hellas Grill or something along those lines.

And to agree with GviewProgrammer the carryout next door said it was going to be Greek food (including Greek pizzas).

futureman
    Participant

According the carryout next door Hellas Grill is opening up sometime this week. They have menus at the carryout as well. I’m not sure what to make of their offerings.

Hellas Grill Express opened tonight (9/24). I live around the corner so I stopped in and ordered a Chicken Gyro ($5.00) to go (not much seating even if I wanted to dine in). It was ready in a few minutes . . . and it was perfect! Loaded with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and red onion. Great meal for $5.00.

I asked out of curiosity if they were related to the Hellas in Powell/Shawnee Hills (great breakfast place). The guy behind the counter said “same country.” So, I give give them a 10 for sense of humor.

It’s right next door to the Boulevard Carryout (Third and Northwest), which is locally owned by a guy who also opened up the Grandview Carryout earlier this year. Nice combo. Gyros and a beer.

Check it out.

ohiojimmie
    Participant

futureman wrote >>
    And to agree with GviewProgrammer the carryout next door said it was going to be Greek food (including Greek pizzas).

Hopefully they can make a better Greek Pizza than Cow Town. Bland.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Mmmmm Gyro

futureman
    Participant

Went tonight and got a normal Greek gyro and fries. The gyro has a good amount of meat (almost too much) and was good ($5), the fries were fine ($1.50). I’ll defiantly be back, Grandview is defiantly lacking a good gyro joint. I got the food quickly, less than 5 minutes and they take credit cards.

The Hegemo

Gave them a try. Had the regular gyro, which was really good. Fries could have used some seasoning salt, but were cooked fine.

Not as cheap as the Gyro Shoppe on Henderson, but way closer to both home and work for me. I imagine I will be hitting this place up fairly often.

Coreroc

This sounds like a nice new option for us at Junctionview. I love gyro’s so to have thaqt addition tot he grandview area will b e nice.

Any chance if folks know if they deliver? that would seal the deal!!!

The Hegemo

According to the menu I picked up, they do deliver.

futureman
    Participant

Also, I believe the phone # is 614-481-4040

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: