Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Healthy Dining Options in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Healthy Dining Options in Columbus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Core_Models

I gotta be honest, if “Frito Pie” is on your order, I wouldn’t expect weight loss to be in your priorities ;)

(p.s. I f’ing love frito pie)

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Well lets see:

It had veggie chili, cheese, onions, peppers and sour cream. Doesn’t all that count towards the balanced diet?

joev
    Participant

I am thinking Jeni’s will be dinner tonight. Since I won’t be eating much anything else, that’s kinda healthy – right?

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

joev wrote >>
    I am thinking Jeni’s will be dinner tonight. Since I won’t be eating much anything else, that’s kinda healthy – right?

I think with enough spin, anything can be healthy.

Guiness and Scotch just contributes to my daily whole grain requirement.

HeySquare
    Participant

mbeaumont wrote >>
    HeySquare is totally right about some dishes that seem like they’d be healthy, really not being that good for you.
    But where did you see nutritional info for Northstar? If it’s out there somewhere I’d love to know where to find it. I wish every restaurant had nutritional information on their sites, but I assume it’s expensive to have done.
    I hope to god you’re mistaken about the Buddha Bowl though, otherwise I will be crushed. :(

I can’t find a link… it was in one of the old threads on Columbus Underground. I seem to recall that a former employee of Northstar had posted and complained about some conditions at the restaurant, and one of the things they mentioned was the calorie count of the bowl, largely because the sauce is made out of some really high calorie stuff like peanut butter and coconut milk.

If anyone can find the thread, I’d appreciate it. And if anyone can debunk the calore count, I’d appreciate it even more!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE