Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Has anyone else's recycling not been picked up yet?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Has anyone else's recycling not been picked up yet?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

captain janks
    Participant

So we got our blue bin from the city. First pickup was supposed to be the 31st. It’s still sitting out there waiting to be picked up…

Called 311 a few times and they keep saying they are still making pickups from Tuesday.

Does anyone else have a full recycling bin still waiting to be picked up?

SusanB
    Participant

Did you put it out back with the dumpsters? It goes where the trash pick up is, not the yard waste. Confusing.

captain janks
    Participant

I sure did.

Graybeak
    Participant

I thought I missed it, cause I forgot to put it out, but this gives me hope…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

(Janks the city doesn’t enter your apartment to pick up all your Mt Dew bottles.)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hrm. Glad they’re rolling this out one phase at a time. If there are issues to be worked out this would be a complete cluster city-wide.

I just wish they’d pick up our yard waste without having to call 311…

kessler
    Participant

Two things to remember about this new program.
    We were part of the 1st rollout, when I leave for work at 6:30 they have already picked up our bin. So be sure to always put it out the night before, to ensure pickup. (also they may not pick it up if you had put stuff into bags etc. everything should be freely placed not in bags.)
    Second, remember each week to remember (for me it is either a Blue or Green Monday) green=yard pickup and Blue=Recycle bin pick-up)Change your day to your day of the week. Yard waste will not occur every week. It becomes every other week based upon your first Recycle=Blue Pickup week. Alas don’t forget holidays bumps forward by one day.

captain janks
    Participant

Yea they always come super early here too. Had it out the night before as always. No bags either.

It’s still sitting out there full along with everyone else’s… hopefully they will get to it this week.

captain janks
    Participant

FINALLY got picked up yesterday… hopefully this is not a regular thing.

Graybeak
    Participant

I’m not going to put ours out, just from the trash picker point of view. They make a bad enough mess in our alley with the trash cans.
    I am not going to have all the plastic, cardboard, paper and the like be strewn willy-nilly along the ground, so they can get to the 7 aluminum soda cans in the bin.
    Ill just have to wait til the 14th.

kit444
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    I’m not going to put ours out, just from the trash picker point of view. They make a bad enough mess in our alley with the trash cans.
    I am not going to have all the plastic, cardboard, paper and the like be strewn willy-nilly along the ground, so they can get to the 7 aluminum soda cans in the bin.
    Ill just have to wait til the 14th.

Apparently cardboard is quite lucrative as well.

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/life/lucrative-crime-cardboard-theft

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The one neighbor lady I hate keeps filling my bin up.

I don’t hate her for this specifically though.

Pro Se
    Participant

I’ve been having a lot of issues with the City not picking up our recycling lately and oftentimes have to resort to filing a 311 request, almost on a regular basis, to have them empty the container. Really diminishes the program when I can’t rely on Rumpke to regularly pick up the recyclables. We have a hard enough time fitting all of our stuff into the container on a two week basis. A two and a half week interval (the additional time for them to respond to the 311 request) means we are left throwing recyclables in the ordinary trash because we have no additional room.

Just curious if this is systemic or an isolated incident. I’ve heard some others on the Near East Side complain but wasn’t sure how wide spread this is. Love the recycling program. Don’t love it’s administration.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We haven’t had that problem at all.

Yard waste pickup, on the other hand, has been consistently terrible over the past five years.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE