Our City Online

Messageboard - Food & Drink Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

xuey55
    Participant

We invite you to join us on the beautiful grounds of Rockmill Brewery and share a dish for a farm-to-fork potluck brunch. This is your destination to mingle, tap your feet to live music, and savor dozens of fabulous homemade creations!

There will be raffle items from great Columbus businesses, inevitable recipe exchanging, and Rockmill beer available for purchase. Cost is $15 per person and all proceeds go to support Local Matters programming.

After the event ends, everyone is welcome to keep the leisurely afternoon going at the farm. The Tasting Room will stay open until 8 pm to fulfill all your Belgian ale needs.

There’s no better time in Ohio than late summer to explore local offerings and eat what’s truly in season, so we hope to see you there!

To learn more about the farm and get a dose of what awaits you, check out Columbus Food Adventures’ visit.

http://columbusfoodadventures.com/2012/blog/rockmill-brewerys-tasting-room

Tickets are required prior to event. To purchase and for more info @ http://harvestjubilee2013.eventbrite.com/

Many thanks to our generous sponsors: Local Matters, Rockmill Brewery, Jackpot Treats for Dogs, A Local Choice Blog, Faye Productions, All Together Now & Fare City Feed

UrbanLegend
    Participant

I love Rockmill! It’s such a beautiful property…

Do you have a band lined up yet?

xuey55
    Participant

Yes, it is such an oasis and not at all a bad drive.

We are still talking with musicians, so TBD!

RoJoNo
    Participant

It’s a nice bike ride as well. I led a group there last month with the easiest route I ever planned: bike path to Groveport, then Lithopolis Road to the brewery.

xuey55
    Participant

RoJoNo said:
    It’s a nice bike ride as well. I led a group there last month with the easiest route I ever planned: bike path to Groveport, then Lithopolis Road to the brewery.

I was thinking that too while driving there. It’s really scenic and I bet those hills are fun to ride over

xuey55
    Participant

UrbanLegend said:
    I love Rockmill! It’s such a beautiful property…

Do you have a band lined up yet?

Happy to share that our musical guest for Harvest Jubilee will be Descendre, a jazz fusion trio that specializes in 70s film soundtracks

xuey55
    Participant

4 days from now we’ll be chilling by the pond at Rockmill Farm and noshing on delicious dishes made with local sweet corn, eggplant and concord grapes (hint, hint) made by talented locals!

We also have lovely raffle prizes featuring items contributed by North Market, North Market Spices, Organic GreenFix, Kolache Republic, Terra Escentials, Homage, Candles with A Cause, and Fare City Feed Granola. All proceeds will go towards Local Matters.

Remember to get your tickets in advance and come picnic with us!

http://harvestjubilee2013.eventbrite.com/

DouginCMH
    Participant

xuey55 said:
    I was thinking that too while driving there. It’s really scenic and I bet those hills are fun to ride over

Had the same thought: Park at the brewery, and do a loop that gets you back to your starting point where you can enjoy a hard earned Saison.

xuey55
    Participant

One of our co-chairs of Harvest Jubilee is Nicole of A Local Choice (http://alocalchoice.blogspot.com/). In this morning’s article for Experience Columbus, she shares her shortlist of spots that are well-stocked with local ingredients for your potluck dish this Sunday.

Most of them will be well-recognized but if you haven’t paid a visit to the Near East Side Cooperative Market, they have lots of local fresh produce, some of which come from their own garden next to the building!

http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/blog/index.php/2013/08/16/6-spots-to-shop-for-local-ingredients-in-columbus/

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Saturday, March 1, 2014

12:00pm until 7:00pm

Support Team Mo’s Relay for Life!
    Join me from 12:00 – 7:00 at Rockmill Brewery!
    Enjoy fantastic brews in the scenic Rockmill tasting room, live music from The Glen Echoes from 5:00-7:00 p.m.
    Silent auction featuring gift cards and items from local Columbus eateries and stores.
    **All tips + 10% of all Rockmill sales from this event go towards our American Cancer Society Relay For Life team, benefiting The American Cancer Society.

Rockmill Brewery
    5705 Lithopolis Road NW, Lancaster, Ohio

LINK

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Food & Drink Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE