Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Happy Hour & Best Priced Wine Specials

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Happy Hour & Best Priced Wine Specials

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

BrianCW
    Participant

I can’t seem to find a decent, extensive, or consolidated list of places offering wine specials and/or wine happy hour prices throughout the week. Restaraunts/bars/wine stores rarely post their specials online and it’s too time consuming leafing through google page after google page attempting to identify them – and if they’re still available. Anyways, I was hoping to start a good list here (all specials welcome and appreciated, but looking for those really great deals, i.e., 1/2 off bottles – my fav!) and hope it grows into something useful for peeps who enjoy the vino. I’ll start it off.

I know for sure it is 1/2 priced bottles of wine at The Pub @ Polaris on Wednesdays. I believe it’s all day (I could be wrong on this) and the wine selection is decent.

I’ve also been told that Barrio has 1/2 off bottles on Thursday, 4-7. Can anyone verify this?

What else is out there?

cbus11

An unadvertised special at Dick’s Den used to be a bottle of red wine for $5 in the early 2000’s. Adjusting for inflation, if still available, it is still is dirt cheap.

msashlee

Marcella’s in the short north has happy hour from 4-7 M-F which entails half off selected wines and half off pizzas, small plates and appetizers. Its makes for an affordable and fun girls night out!

EnglishAlex

Barcelona have Un’wine’ed Sundays with all bottles at retail pricing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Due Amici has been doing their “Uncorked” half priced bottles every Monday night for practically forever:

http://due-amici.com/

peter
    Participant

maveric1
    Participant

Matt the Miller Tavern has “wine down” Wednesdays (State minimum price which the waiter told me is about 1/2 off)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pretty sure that Deepwood has retail wine pricing during happy hour and the food can’t be beat.
    http://columbuscrave.com/crave/blog/1/56769237-Happy-Hour-at-Deepwood

maveric1
    Participant

Spagio Cellars also have some type of deal for Happy Hour. It’s been a while so I don’t quite remember but IIRC the corkage fee is waived for every bottle (~$9)

BrianCW
    Participant

Great, thanks for all the info so far! To recap:

Monday – Due Amici, “Uncorked” Mondays – 1/2 priced bottles
    Tuesday – Nada so far…
    Wednesday – 1/2 priced bottles @ The Pub, 1/2 priced bottles @ Matt the Millers
    Thursday – Nada so far….
    Friday – Nada so far…
    Saturday – Nada so far
    Sunday – Barcelona, Un”wine”ed Sundays, All bottles priced @ retail

In general:
    Marcellas, M-F, 1/2 off select wines & apps
    Deepwood, M-F, retail wine pricing during Happy Hour
    Spaggio & Dick’s Den – Some specials
    http://www.urbandrinks.com/happyhour/usa/oh/columbus – HH link

What else? Any others to fill in the gaps? I’d love to complete the 1/2 off list for all 7 days of the week, haha…

dahopper
    Participant

I agree that Spagio’s is a wonderful place for wine, no corkage fees on the wine-side… Vino Vino and the Twisted Vine are also great places in the ‘hood :) for wine!

BrianCW
    Participant

I recently discovered BJs Brewhouse (at least at the Polaris location, not sure on Tuttle) has 1/2 priced wine on Tuesdays! 1 day down, 3 left to go…

Monday – Due Amici, “Uncorked” Mondays – 1/2 priced bottles
    Tuesday – BJs Brewhouse – 1/2 priced bottles
    Wednesday – 1/2 priced bottles @ The Pub, 1/2 priced bottles @ Matt the Millers
    Thursday – Nada so far….
    Friday – Nada so far…
    Saturday – Nada so far
    Sunday – Barcelona, Un”wine”ed Sundays, All bottles priced @ retail

rbrown247

Easy Street Café (German Village and Powell locations) have Wine Down Wednesdays, featuring retail prices on all wines, which is just about 1/2 price!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: